total failure

mbshop

Babbling Farker
was gonna rotisserie mine using my ez que in my char griller as i have done before. but the bird was bigger, 18 lbs. this turned out to be the breaking point. firstly, i built a holder that holds coals on the side. this has shown to work well before. but with the bigger bird, the hold down arms wouldn't clear that rack. so i dumped the coals on the coal grate. so now i started to run the rotiss. but a problem popped up. the shaft came loose cuz the motor was jerky and loosend the shaft up. so i had to tighten this twice.
but by then the motor started to strain and then just stopped running.
it was a sunbeam setup and i just thought it would be ok as it worked before on smaller turkey's. but that bird was just to much for it. i couldn't attach my weber motor cuz it wouldn't fit on the bracket. plus all this time with an open lid allowed the coals to burn uncontrolled. so i gave up and stuck the bird in the oven. so now i got some work to do so i can fit the
weber motor on and make a differant holder so the ez que can be used.
so not to happy right now but thats how we learn.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had George. Still wishin' ya a Happy Thanksgiving and I'm thankful that you always have the time to post a nice comment for all the Bruddahs! Better luck next time pal!

I also had the rotisserie on my junk ducane gas grill break on thanksgiving day. Luckily I checked on it before there was a problem and we tossed it in the oven. The weber rotisserie attachment for my 22 charcoal will handle a big bird. I'm planning to smoke my first on Saturday.

Chris

thanks guys. yea, after this all happened i remembered that i was supposed to fit the weber motor over a year ago. will happen this weekend !!

i was using my ez que setup. yes, it was unbalanced but not enough to me to cause a problem. its hard if not possible to balance the food using an ez que.

Was it a matter of the bird not being balanced ?? It should not take much energy to rotate a balanced load ??

Back