I May Need a place to park my trailer in AL (I-65 or US 231)

smokincracker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Guys I’m Looking for some help from the BBQ Brethren…
I will be hauling the Everglades Seasoning BBQ Team Battle Wagon up to Hendersonville, TN to cook the Regional Sams Club event 9/21 9/22,,, I don’t want to put any bad mojo on this trip or put the cart ahead of the horse but if we get lucky enough to finish in the top 10 I’d like to find a good place to park my trailer while heading south on I-65 down thru Birmingham, Montgomery or 231 near Dothan, AL. If we finish in the top 10 then just a few weeks later we will be going out to Bentonville, AK….Trailer is 33’ long
Jimmy Brod, brodman@strato.net

Attachments

• everg battle wagon...JPG
    everg battle wagon...JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 124
Guys I’m Looking for some help from the BBQ Brethren…
I will be hauling the Everglades Seasoning BBQ Team Battle Wagon up to Hendersonville, TN to cook the Regional Sams Club event 9/21 9/22,,, I don’t want to put any bad mojo on this trip or put the cart ahead of the horse but if we get lucky enough to finish in the top 10 I’d like to find a good place to park my trailer while heading south on I-65 down thru Birmingham, Montgomery or 231 near Dothan, AL. If we finish in the top 10 then just a few weeks later we will be going out to Bentonville, AK….Trailer is 33’ long
Jimmy Brod, brodman@strato.net

Jimmy,

My place is available in Marianna.
Lots of room.

How tall is your trailer??

TIM

10'-11' i'm guessing...Thanks Tim
I'd like to find a spot up the road further however you know the saying....:)
I'll stay in touch...Thanks

I live about 20 minutes East of I-65, about 20 minutes South of Nashville. I have a few thoughts and ideas on where you might be able to store it. This may be further North than you wanted, but if you come through Chattanooga, Nashville adds less than 2 hours to your trip. PM me if interested.

dmp

I live about 20 minutes East of I-65, about 20 minutes South of Nashville. I have a few thoughts and ideas on where you might be able to store it. This may be further North than you wanted, but if you come through Chattanooga, Nashville adds less than 2 hours to your trip. PM me if interested.

dmp

Thanks but i'll be heading west from Birmingham

Jimmy. I have made arrangements to leave mine west of Nashville on i49 and I think he has room for yours. If interested call me. Its a little out of the way heading to bentonville but does save pulling it part way home. Of course I also have a place to park it by the hotel if I don't qualify. We're staying until Tuesday to visit.

Jimmy,
I have a buddy that owns a 90 acre farm about 8-10 miles from Jack Daniels near Lynchburg. Not too far off I-65 and off 231 in Tennessee. About 20 mins from the Alabama line right above Huntsville.
I could give him a yell and he would not mind the trailer there as long as you need it.

Let me know.
Gary

Last edited:
I talked to Jimmy and offered my place.
Told him I would even hook him up with electric for the refrig.

All I asked was that he leave me the door keys and 2 Waygu Briskets in the frig. :-D

He is still looking for a place to park it :redface: :redface:

Hopefully someone further north can help him out.

Great Guy!!!

TIM

I could possibly help you out with a spot in Montgomery.

One place is just off of I-85, exit 9, Taylor Road. It is 5 minutes off that exit.

That would put you approximately 15 minutes off of I-65 running through Montgomery.

Let me know if you are interested. I could possibly find other spots around Montgomery/Prattville.

I'm right outside of Birmingham if that helps. I have plenty of room at my house behind a locked fence. It's yours if you need it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm right outside of Birmingham if that helps. I have plenty of room at my house behind a locked fence. It's yours if you need it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Preston... Now we just have to go pull it off:)
Thanks for all the great offers....

Thanks Preston... Now we just have to go pull it off:)
Thanks for all the great offers....

No problem at all. Glad I can help. We will see you then.
Do you need electric hook up? I forgot to ask if you do. Not a problem at all if you do. Also, I have an upright commercial freezer in the basement if you need to store anything.

BTW - My wife is big on "travel care packages". She will probably try to force you to take a couple dozen cookies, etc for the road. They are pretty good though. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Back