Things I Hate Worse Than Chicken

Can you spell "FBA" ?? :-D

Or, any of the other bodies that do not use garnish (I think that is all of them except KCBS) :-D

TIM

I like garnish just fine. I appreciate the skill involved in making crappy little vegetables sit still and look nice.

What I HATE is that there IS NO FREAKING NICE PARSLEY IN THE KNOWN WORLD.

If there is, whichever of your bastiges is hoarding it had better fess up, because wherever it is, it couldn't be much farther than I drove around today. :mad::mad::mad:

I like garnish just fine. I appreciate the skill involved in making crappy little vegetables sit still and look nice.

If there is, whichever of your bastiges is hoarding it had better fess up, because wherever it is, it couldn't be much farther than I drove around today. :mad::mad::mad:

I work for a large grocery chain. I have to tell them to send extra cases to my store so I can pick through them to find half way decent bunches.

Check out Whole Foods. We've had really good luck getting parsley there.

My wife has established a good rapport with the produce guy at our local grocery store. He will pull out all the cases he has and let her cherry pick through them when she needs to. She also knows exactly which other stores carry half decent parsley as a back up. Yes, it is a lot of effort for a "meat contest", but it is how the game is played.

Oh, and KCBS should replace chicken with tri-tip. Who really eats chicken anyway?

Check out Whole Foods. We've had really good luck getting parsley there.

Tatum&Shea and Scottsdale/Mayo have been hit and miss. I had an Albertson's (!) for a while that bought from one particular grower, but that vein ran dry last fall.

I don't think there's a produce manager in this town that I haven't given a cleavage shot while bending over a parsley case. Clearly, it's not helping. :doh:

I like parsley...my wife uses it all the time in her recipes! We never touch the stuff for comps though...:cool:

Oh, c'mon now. They're both SO related to barbecue! How can you hate them?....

*ZAP*

Do you also notice that whenever you are in the grocery store they have 4-6 bunches of the best looking stuff you have ever seen.........WEEKS AWAY FROM A COMP :mad2:

And when you go the week of a contest it looks like the stuff has been there a month or so!!

Restaurant Depot in Tampa - case for 19.75 great quality - 60 bunches.

And I hate making parsley boxes but not as much as trimming chicken. And making an FBA box is tough. One little sauce mark loses a half or full point on appearance. Was so excited when I had a couple of 10's and no 8.5's. It's real tough to make a chicken box unless you use chopped and keeping ribs from moving is even more fun. That's why an hour between boxes, takes 30 minutes to get over being so PO'd.

Parsley is easy I do it all on Friday. Takes maybe an hour what I hate the most is tryin to get up at 3 after drinking till 1!!!:crazy:

DivaHerself; said:
I don't think there's a produce manager in this town that I haven't given a cleavage shot while bending over a parsley case. Clearly, it's not helping. :doh:

May I suggest going to stores with male produce managers?

The one thing I hate more than chicken is next week when the chicken comes up again.:doh:

Every time I bend over, I give a cleavage shot too....not the same type of cleavage and it has NEVER, EVER helped me for anything! :shock:

Back