Thanksgiving Tri-Tip

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Dang! I thought there was another week until the Tri-Tip Master Throwdown was over so I didn’t worry about staying up to get my post in by Monday. Again, Dang!

We went to some friend’s house for Thanksgiving dinner so I didn’t cook anything until Saturday when I broke out this Tri-Tip from the freezer.

I trimmed it up a little

and rubbed it down with fresh ground pink salt, fresh ground black pepper, some steak seasoning and fresh minced Rosemary.

I wrapped it up and let it rest for 6 hours while I continued to put up my Christmas lights. Once I was done I set up my kamado for indirect and direct cooking. I placed the TT on the indirect side.

Once the IT got to 113 degrees I removed it and covered with foil. I opened up the vent and let the kamado up to searing temps. I put the TT on and let it sear for 3 minutes per side. Here’s the first side with the flash.

And with-out the flash

And now turned.

After that I brought it inside and let it rest for 10 minutes.

After it had rested I sliced it in half where the grain changes.

Close-up.

Started slicing it and here’s the money shot!

We served it with a baked potato and green beans.

Delicious!

Looks awesome as usual DH! You and I both, lol. I thought there was an extra week left also. :laugh:

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was that I didn't see your entry in the TD. Now I know why. You always do a great job with cook and presentation, and this one was no different. Your consolation was that you got to enjoy it.

One fine plate sir.
Thank you Marty.
Looks awesome as usual DH! You and I both, lol. I thought there was an extra week left also. :laugh:
Thank you Sako. I thought for sure it went until the end of the month. Then when I check the board on Monday I noticed the voting thread was already posted. You might have heard my Dang It all the way up there. :mad2:
When I saw the thread title, my first thought was that I didn't see your entry in the TD. Now I know why. You always do a great job with cook and presentation, and this one was no different. Your consolation was that you got to enjoy it.
Thank you Ron. See Above. I was really bummed as I had my cook done and all the pics but hadn't put my post together. I was waiting until Monday to do so. Again Dang It!

Back