New Smokers and Some Snacks

Wrench_H

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So I bought a used Traeger and Kamado on Craig's list last week, and my wife had Girl's Night on Friday. All I had to do was get the little one in the bed, and it was time to have a couple friends over and try out the Traeger.

Here is the Treager

DSC02540.jpg

And here is the Kamado. It needs some cleaning and a couple new tiles around the top. I'm thinking it will probably be in the garage until summer when I can get it out and spend quality time with it. If anyone has one of these, I'd love to hear from you about how they are.

kamado.jpg

Since it was just guys, plates seemed unneccesary. The menu was pretty Brethren based. I stole sawyerrt10's idea of sttuffing ABTs with some pimento cheese. They were great. The cheese melts up nicely, and I used pepper jack to add a little more heat. BBQ Grail helped me out when I asked him about Traegers and gave me things to look for when buying it, so I thought I needed to try MOINKs for the first time on here. I now see what all the hype is about; these things are pretty awesome. I used Byron's butt rubb, and some of my own sauce. The wings were a variation of a recipe I've seen on here too, but I mixed it up based on what was in the fridge, siracha, duck sauce, soy sauce and some honey. The tenderloin was just one of those pre-marinated things.

DSC02537.jpg

Here's everything finished up.

DSC02543.jpg

I'm pretty excited about the new cooker. As much as I work, and having a 2 year old, the ease of using this thing is going to be awesome for me. I wouldn't want it to be my only smoker, because I love playing with fire, and the tastes it creates, but I have a feeling this might be my most used one over the next few years. Thanks for looking.

Wow, you scored a Traeger AND a Kamado in the same week??? Jealous mod!:becky:

Food looks great!:cool:

Congrats on the new smoker adoptions and man that grub looks so fine it makes me want to shovel that 8 inches of snow out from around the offset and fire it up! :thumb::thumb: 2 thumbs up!

Awesome score and nice looking grub/pron. Just made chicken using the sauce you based yours on, it's dang good. Made me hungry thanks!

Great score Wrench, even if it was more than you expected. I had that happen once on a Valentines Day dance :crazy:, never again.

Back