MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Discussion and Reflection > ** Carmellas Auction** In the Spirit of the Brethren for Carmella **

Notices

** Carmellas Auction** In the Spirit of the Brethren for Carmella ** Bald is Beautiful!! An auction for Baby Carmella. Money will go to a trust, from us to her... and in return, Divemaster and TxSchute will become better lookin. See details inside.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default One Final Challenge.

GUYS...

Our last auction raised over 3 grand for smoke-n-my-i. Amazing...

I have one more challenge for us, which puts my pride on the line. So this ones a favor. This auction led to something that I spewed out... beating my chest when challenged. I may have overstepped my bounds and put my foot in my mouth.. But I have faith.

I bid on a baby Blanket that JPW23 put up for Auction and I promised to send the blanket to Baby Carmella. Baby Carmella is BBQ Mafia and Mrs. Mafias little girl that was born on April 1 with a birth defect that has kept her in the hospital for the first 2 months of her time here. She is still in the hospital and they keep us up to date in this D&R thread.

At bidding time for the blanket, i was challenged to a bidding war for 'best uncle'.

Best Uncle?? Pfffttt.... I declined the bidding war.. it was small beans.

Instead, I offered an alternative.

If we can raise $1000 dollars to start a trust fund for Baby Carmella
my opponent will shave his head and eyebrows in public, video taped and put on youtube.

The counter offer was
$1000 dollars for a shaved head
$1250 dollars for a shaved and Beard
$1500 dollars for shaved head, beard and eyebrows.

They offered a full waxing for $2500,
but based on no pictures didn't happen
I declined. I dont think we want to see those photos.

The shavings will be done at the Chili cookoff on July 12 to benefit the Milwaukee Childrens Hospital, video taped and put on Your tube. The funds go to the parents of Carmella, from us, to start a trust fund.

The opponents: DiveMaster and TxScutte. They are willing to loose the lox for Carmella.

If we come through, they loose their follicles and get to look like me. If we dont make it?? Well.. I dont want to think about that.

I open up with $100 (and the blanket, which i won the bidding on)
Believe it or not, TxSchute sold off Lola for $130 and added it to the pot so we are at $230 already and have until July 12 to make the goal.

We can do this thru more auctions or just pledges. Any new auctions opened from Sunday 6/1 will go to this cause and once we fill bill in, i will split the forums and clean things up. We have until July 12 and I hope we can pull it off, I know its asking for more after everyone was so generous for Bills auction, but that is what led to this one. We need less than $800 dollars in 6 weeks. I'm gonna start looking for more stuff to auction.

thanks guys..

BTW, the Mafias can no longer see this forum for now, but they have been so busy with Carmella, i don think they even know.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2008, 03:57 AM   #2
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

I say that if we hit $2000 that not only does the shaving to dive & schutte happen but with the extra money raised the Poohbah has to go for a manicure/pedicure/eyebrow waxing at a nail salon in the mall and we video for youtube as well.
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
smokeandbeer
Take a breath!

Phil, do you have a link where we can donate directly like before, and what will be the structure for the new Auctions if we go that route (to differentiate from the old auctions)?
smokeandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #4
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

wow this is a very nice idea! being a barber, i naturally wanted to do the shaving of said heads but being it is in milwaulkee... oh well. but i would like to offer my services to this cause so i will cut, style and do shaves for any long island Brethren and their families (or elswhere if they want to make the trip to the shop) with all proceedes going to Baby Carmella! so... who's shaggy?
pm me for appointment and location!
3 WSMs
22" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe
rookiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #5
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeandbeer View Post
Phil, do you have a link where we can donate directly like before, and what will be the structure for the new Auctions if we go that route (to differentiate from the old auctions)?
I will set up a new area and web page for Carmella.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 06-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
I say that if we hit $2000 that not only does the shaving to dive & schutte happen but with the extra money raised the Poohbah has to go for a manicure/pedicure/eyebrow waxing at a nail salon in the mall and we video for youtube as well.
But he has to do it wearing a leather mini skirt.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
BBQchef33

Im ignoring that last one. The $2500 full body wax may have to come back into play..SLEDNECK included.

BTW..HIS NICKNAME IS SASQUATCH

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 06-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
txschutte

Wussy.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post

SURE.. NO PROBLEM.

And your in on the $1500 shaving with Divemaster and Txshutte.

And it gets done by Rookiedad at the Battle of the Brethren in Center Court right on the band stage.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 06-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #10
txschutte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
SURE.. NO PROBLEM.

And your in on the $1500 shaving with Divemaster and Txshutte.

And it gets done by Rookiedad at the Battle of the Brethren in Center Court right on the band stage.
Sled: Put up or shut up.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

I got a couple more boxes of cherry to contribute! I love this auction stuff! It's for worthy causes and fun!