MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
donhd04
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Deep Fried Country Ham???

Anyone ever deep fry a country ham? Thinking of doing one for christmas. need some ideas and recipes if anyone has got any.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
deadeye531
Got Wood.

Havent done a country ham but I did a regular 10lb ham along with 2 turkeys folr thanksgiving. Turned out great and very moist. I didnt do a rub as this was my first but thinking about doing so for the one Im doing for christmas. I cooked it at 325 for 3.5 minutes per pound. Make sure you pat it dry before you fry it and also take your time to drop it in. It took me about 2 minutes to get it fully in the oil but at the same time it seals the outside and keeps the juices in. It will turn out black on the outside but the inside will be dark red and delicious. Landon
deadeye531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
jestridge
somebody shut me the fark up.

never heard of a deep fried country ham. I did one yesterday on smoker let it soak for a few day and change water often.. If you did deep fried it prolly wont take very long cure meat cook fast.
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
donhd04
Knows what a fatty is.

thanks guys for the info Ill give it a whirl.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
deguerre

Ooooooooo! Fun idea! Can't wait for the outcome.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
chillcoolcold
Full Fledged Farker

I never deep fried a ham I do want to try a rib roast. I just rebuilt my bayou classics with higher heat burners and 0-30lb adjustable regulators. Had trouble keeping temp up with the Tday turkeys this year.

Let us know how it turns out..

Old 11-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
lionhrt
is one Smokin' Farker

That sounds SOOOOOO evil, in a good way post it if you do it please.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

Dang interesting! I too would do the soak and rinse thing first though. Keep us posted
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
Paul B
is one Smokin' Farker

Safety note: I'm sure you all know this but probably deserves repeating......Turn off the fire "BEFORE" dunkin your birds or hams, then if it boils over almost zero chance of a bonfire!!!

I've deep fried for years and never thought of this until I read it either here or somewhere else. You wanna just go "Duh!!".

Paul B
SS UDS
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote