Anyone have any experience with this smoker

T

tumpedover

Here is the Link. Looks like a nice smoker for the back yard....Just thinkin' I migght need another one:wink:
http://www.academy.com/index.php?pa...s/smokers&start=8&selectedSKU=0263-40121-0600

0263-40125-0600.jpg

Momma don 't want to talk about smokers any more......she just glazes over....that's when I sneak it in.....and she's no the wiser:twisted: :twisted:

Look at these post from when they first started carrying them. If I recall right, It's actually a Tejas smoker private labeled by Academy.

I have one close to this in the back yard. it is all stainless steel. works good, the vertical area does not get very hot but great for making beef jerky. I think mine was built in Ponca Oklahoma. I received it as a gift.

I have one close to this in the back yard. it is all stainless steel. works good, the vertical area does not get very hot but great for making beef jerky. I think mine was built in Ponca Oklahoma. I received it as a gift.[/quote ]

Nice gift!! .....I'm only considering it...I still need a larger pit but, when I saw this one I really like the set up of it.....

BTW...I checked on the Tejas smoker connection and that is exactly what it is ...Academy buys them and makets them under their brand ...Looks like a good deal to me....still thinking about it though....since I'll be getting a bigger one soon as well I'm just not sure yet.
:rolleyes:

Keep an eye on craigslist in Dallas, Austin & S.A. and you'll find something

Have seen that one at Academy many times... Looks to be a decent unit for the price. My only concern is the diameter of the horizontal chamber. Seems that is is something like 16" or so... not much usable space to cook on espcially after you consider the hot spot, and on this size of cooker will take up a good portion of the rack space... I was thinking that you could probably get only 1 decent sized brisket on it at a time and the upright was kind of smallish in dimensions as well.

James.

Yes that is a problem. It's either 16" or 18" for $800+ your almost into a 20" pipe pit anyway. Might as well save a bit more and go for a larger diameter. The ones I saw were labeled "Laredo Smokers" made in Mexico.

Back