Long Island Brethren

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
A number of Brethren are cooking food for women from the Babylon Breast Cancer Coalition for Thanksgiving.

1 person is making potatoes, another spinach and so on.

We are making meals for 10 families and can use some help. If you were able to lend a hand by smoking a couple of turkeys, it would be appreciated.

We are gathering all the food on Wednesday the 27th and portioning it out. They'll be delivered that night.

Let me know if you can help out.

Thanks,

Eric

We seem to be doing pretty well. We have most of the mainstays taken care of. Our list has grown and we will be making 11 meals now.

If anyone is still interested in lending a hand, please let me know. We can use some help with the smaller, ancillary stuff.

Thanks!

Eric

Dan, a local BBQ judge, is helping out. He also made up the menu that we will be printing out and including with the meals.

I'm really grateful to the Brethren and it's members for making things like this happen. It means a lot and it's appreciated.

11 families that are all struggling w/ cancer will have wonderful Thanksgiving meals this holiday.
menu_zpsa785f172.jpg

Here are some photos of the food being assembled:

DSC08625_zpsd72d2083.jpg

DSC08624_zps16ae186f.jpg

DSC08623_zps69998c66.jpg

DSC08619_zpsbb2efb81.jpg

I know it's not good food pron, but it is a good indicator of how BBQ folks kick butt. Thanks to everyone that pitched in!

Eric

Back