Contest Announcment 2013 Whole Hawg Happenin' - Marietta, GA

Uncle Buds BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We are pleased to offer the first ever KCBS sanctioned BBQ contest on the square in Marietta, GA during the Whole Hawg Happenin' festival September 29, 2013.

During this 5th annual event the city will be closing the square Saturday morning so that teams can set up and start their prep for Sunday turn-ins starting at noon.

This is a pro only contest with a payout of $7,100 and a qualifier for both The Jack and the American Royal in 2014. Due to the space we are limited to 30 teams so now is the time to sign up.

All information including team applications can be found at http://wholehawgbbqfest.com/bbq-contest/ or follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WholeHawgHappenin

We are looking forward to this one...Had a great time last year even with all of the rain. Such a great venue.

Last year was awesome! So looking forward to it again. We did have a little rain at the end, but it made for probably one of the most memorable awards I have even been to. To make a place to have the awards where it wasn't raining all the teams picked up their canopies and moved them together for an impromptu very cozy awards ceremony.

Getting the canopies together. It was like watching Voltron form.
IMG1529_zps6a909066.jpg

Looking hot Ron!! Can't wait for the pants off dance off we planned for Friday night this year......wait.......what?!
IMG1530_zpsb095cefe.jpg

Filling up
IMG1531_zps94ad04fd.jpg

Nice & tight
IMG1534_zpsfdbdf123.jpg

Rocking the awards Dave!! :becky:
IMG1538_zpsf37a1e80.jpg

Jason - Thanks for taking and posting the pics. In the madness of running a contest I took ZERO pics and am appreciative that you captured the awards.

I am going to "appoint" a contest photog this year! :biggrin1:

Thought about it Dave, but between the restrictions the City has an our limited budget this year we decided to pass. Maybe next time...

Hey Dave, I know a lot of great teams that are already signed up for this contest. How many spots do you have still available? I've heard that its filling up fast! Looking forward to it.

Hey Dave, I know a lot of great teams that are already signed up for this contest. How many spots do you have still available? I've heard that its filling up fast! Looking forward to it.
If everyone that has told me they are coming sends in a check...then we are full!

But...they ain't in til they show me the money! :nono:

As I get checks I have been updating the website.

Great teams?? Hey speak for yourself :becky::icon_blush:. Wait a minute...........nevermind.........

Applications are coming in hot and heavy now. We have room for about 10 more teams. Who's it going to be?

http://wholehawgbbqfest.com

2013 Teams
1. Flaming Butts – Marietta, GA
2. Tenacious Q – Lawrenceville, GA
3. Templar Temptations – Hephzibah, GA
4. Plum Superior BBQ – Kennesaw, GA
5. SweetWater Bar-B-Que – Fayetteville, GA
6. Moyers Competition Bar-B-Q Team – White, GA
7. TBD ‘Que – Marietta, GA
8. The Pig Lebowski – Cumming, GA
9. Deep South BBQ – Cumming, GA
10. Choo Choo Train BBQ – Marietta, GA
11. Killer B’s BBQ – Evans, GA
12. Sweet Bottom BBQ – Marietta, GA
13. Bub-Ba-Q – Woodstock, GA
14. Que’n Stew’n & Brew’n – Acworth, GA
15. Mrs. T’s BBQ – Marietta, GA
16. Rescue Smokers – Sycamore, GA
17. Mid-Century Barbeque – Sandy Springs, GA

Looking forward to it. It'll be my first comp, so as long as I can get everything turned in and dodge DQs I'll be happy!

Sorry that where going to miss it. Going to try and come up Sat to tell everyone hey.

Back