• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New toy Akorn W/Pron

Callahan-que

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
The wife and I were at Home Depot yesterday and saw this..

I have been wanting a new grill for awhile and had been thinking about a Weber Performer but decided to get the Akorn instead. So... it came home with us.

We put it together last night and I seasoned it up today. This thing is amazing, I know I'm going to be very happy with it.

i havent used my akorn in quite a while, my UDS and performer see most of the action but i love my akorn. i only wish mine had a table like my performer. you simply cannot beat the akorn on bang for your buck!!!

Trust me you will love it. I have had one for over a year and would not trade it. I have made a couple of modifications and added Grill Grates and it is a cooking machine.

Only problem is I haven't been able to find the cover...even online. I got the same one at HD almost a month ago...it is an efficient cooking machine.

Those look nice in the cart... My local HD doesn't have them yet. I wanted to see one but I guess I'll have to wait!

Only problem is I haven't been able to find the cover...even online. I got the same one at HD almost a month ago...it is an efficient cooking machine.

By chance have you contacted Chargriller in regards to the cover. I know sometimes they are a little slow to bring some things to retail that they have on stock at the corporate office.

I'm planning on calling Char-Griller they have a part number for it #6555

I'm planning on calling Char-Griller they have a part number for it #6555

Let me know, I couldnt find the part on their site but I did see the sticker with the part number. I need one asap as well...it has been raining and would like to cover it from the sun!

Let me know, I couldnt find the part on their site but I did see the sticker with the part number. I need one asap as well...it has been raining and would like to cover it from the sun!

Will do, I've been getting a busy signal when calling. I've got mine covered with a tarp for now.

You'll love it-I've had mine for about a year and a half now, and a couple dump trucks probably wouldn't hold the good stuff that I've cooked on it. :thumb:

Back