Center Cut Loin Chops, Indirect w/PRON

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
Marinated the chops for about 5 hours in Zesty Italian Salad Dressing with a bit more Garlic added, then cooked indirect on the Platinum w/Oak and R.O. Last five minutes I spread olut the coals to give a quick sear. I like to sear after smoking indirect, I think it allows better smoke penetration than searing first. Parmeasan Noodles and Spinach completed the meal. Simple, tasty and tender. Man I love to cook!

Attachments

• chops 001.jpg
    chops 001.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 120
  • chops 002.jpg
    chops 002.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 121
  • chops 004.jpg
    chops 004.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 120
Let's see... nine chops, and all those boys of yours... I guess there aren't any leftovers. :sad: Great looking meal DD.

Nice looking chops. Do you know, could you smoke those as step one, then take them elsewhere and finish them off top reheat and sear them?

Nice looking chops. Do you know, could you smoke those as step one, then take them elsewhere and finish them off top reheat and sear them?

I suppose you could, if you wanted to create the impression that they were done "on the spot". Myself I would finish them with a sear, place in a roasting bag with about a 1/4 cup of apple juice, wrap in foil and then wrap in towels, place in pre heated cooler for the trip and if necessary reheat in oven at the dining spot. Bagged and wrapped in foil, toweled and placed in heated cooler will keep them at eating temp 3-4 hours without any problem...

I don't care about impressions, I just want it to eat well. I will try your suggestion as if they stay at temp for an hour, that would be plenty. Sadly, I am the only one of the group that cooks on wood, everyone else burn gas.

Those look great DD - I do the same thing in getting the center cut pork loin and cutting it myself....very little fat, no bones, and you can make it as thick as you want!! Way to go :p

Back