Finally done - Pics of The Custom Reverse Flow Offset

CROSSCZEK

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Some of you may remember this smoker from last year, when I first had it made and posted pics of The (Green) Monster on it's old trailer. That trailer was only to get me by till I got this trailer. It's finally done, mounted, painted, and licensed. My cousins' company did all the fab work in exchange for cooking services (and they don't care to get into the smoker-making business). Trailer is 2"x4" tube steel with a 1" bar grating platform. Wood box was a scrapped tool box cut length/width/height to fit. It all sits on (2) 4" drop axles good for 3700# ea....and I need it.

Recap of the smoker:
It's a 7-10" long, 36" dia. cook chamber made from 3/8" rolled plate, it has (1) 24" door and (1) 48" door both with (2) slide out racks and torsion spring hinges. It has a 1/4" steel plate baffle and a 26" square, double 1/4" plate walled firebox with ceramic blanket insulation.

Of course, with mods it'll never really be done. But at least now it's road worthy and ready to have it's picture taken. :icon_cool

Best wishes to all for a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend.

-scott

Front1.jpg

The tires look a little skewed because the concrete drive it's on is sloping, and I had the smoker leveled.

Front2.jpg

Front4.jpg

Side1.jpg

Side2.jpg

Last edited:
:eek: Wow what a great smoker.... :!: Can't wait to see some of the food she puts out.

Good thing you have a nice, heavy duty trailer to hold all the meat that will go on that thing! Lord, it ought to hold 500 pounds easy! Nice job, and I like the look. Very rugged.

Those door hinges are like something you'd see on a bank vault............that is one sweet pit!! I like to color too. Can't wait to see her in action. By any chance could you post some pics of the reverse flow set up on the inside? Thanks for sharing.

Are you waiting to get her blessed or do they want a sample first? Looks like it could feed a whole congregation!!

Are you waiting to get her blessed or do they want a sample first? Looks like it could feed a whole congregation!!

Was it that obvious that it was sitting on church property?
It did feed the whole congregation...5 shoulder clods (100#) and 4 turkeys last Sunday. I didn't have the pics, so I didn't want to mention it.
But, God was there and he can vouch for me (and how good it was!).

The Lutheran church is one block away, in the direction the smoke was blowing.... I think we may have converted a few of them into Presbyterians.

Scott, that thing looks amazing!! We just got our trailer, and tank, hinges come this week, and than its up to mounting and cutting, i dont think its gonna look as nice as that beast thou!

Was it that obvious that it was sitting on church property?
It did feed the whole congregation...5 shoulder clods (100#) and 4 turkeys last Sunday. I didn't have the pics, so I didn't want to mention it.
But, God was there and he can vouch for me (and how good it was!).

The Lutheran church is one block away, in the direction the smoke was blowing.... I think we may have converted a few of them into Presbyterians.

Dang, as a Lutheran pastor, I now know that even the Presbyterians know how to Q :) That beast is one awesome looking smoker. Congrats! If you're ever driving to Central Illinois, bring her with you :)

Back