MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
StayDown

Default *** StayDown/ Dayton,Ohio Area

Hey, my name is Turk and I want to learn to Q and have always wanted to try my hand competition Q.

I would be willing to help a team out just so I can get my feet wet, learn some things and also be apart of the Q world that I love so much.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
Rick's Tropical Delight

hey, man!

this will be my first comp in kettering in july, so i really won't know what i'm doing, but i think you could get some good experience by attending this:

ohio veteran barbeque comp

there will be a lot of brethren there
Old 06-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
StayDown

Yeah..one of the other guys offered to let me hang out and learn some stuff. I am looking forward to this. Hell, I might even have my first UDS done by then but not cooked in yet.

Now all I have to do is figure out who is who and how I can recognize all the cool people I have met on here!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

They'll all be wearing these.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg food pic's 079.jpg (73.8 KB, 127 views)
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
Bbq Bubba

And you'll see a lot of these......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PGBBQ 002.jpg (53.5 KB, 125 views)
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
StayDown

Looks easy enough to figure out!! I can't wait. This will be the first competition I have ever attended!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
BBQ Grail

Some may even look like this:

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
STX Cue
Full Fledged Farker

If it were me, I would avoid those that look like the last, but that is entirely up to you.
Some thing that says Brinkman on it
STX Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:17 AM   #9
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

I'll be there and won't be wearing the hat or putting up a banner. So here's a pic of me and while I generally don't approve of folks wearing outfits that say Love Master he is the one that arranged the contest where the HD was the GC so he's a good guy. Just a little strange and he may have some alcohol problems when he's arround certain groups of people
Old 06-28-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
StayDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
I'll be there and won't be wearing the hat or putting up a banner. So here's a pic of me and while I generally don't approve of folks wearing outfits that say Love Master he is the one that arranged the contest where the HD was the GC so he's a good guy. Just a little strange and he may have some alcohol problems when he's arround certain groups of people

That looks like a shovelhead. Nice bike man. I worked for a custom bike shop building bikes from the ground up until I got my job working on base. I miss that farking job but love my new one.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
Rick's Tropical Delight

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! holy carp! is the love master coming to kettering!?

i'll be servin up big green egg pizzas on thursday and friday in kettering, so come on over. listen for the rv with reggae drifting around
Old 06-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! holy carp! is the love master coming to kettering!?

i'll be servin up big green egg pizzas on thursday and friday in kettering, so come on over. listen for the rv with reggae drifting around
nope just me. Although I have a Brethren helper again. Last time sure worked for me.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #13
ZBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I'll be there.

<------------Just look for this big red pit

Big Z's Fine Swine

You're welcome at my site and I'm sure others too
Make sure you at least stop by and shoot the breeze for a while
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue][B][COLOR=red]Big Z's Sweet Gold[/COLOR] -[/B] [COLOR=black]R[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Georgia]ich honey mustard flavor with a BBQ kick. [/FONT][/FONT]
Great on chicken, burgers, brats, great on ribs too!
Get ya some @ [URL="http://www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=10"]Great Lakes BBQ Supply Co.[/URL]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Palatino Linotype]WSM, Weber Gasser, Weber OTG[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=black]"Tilly"[/COLOR][/FONT] - Spicewine Single Axle[/FONT]
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Zs-Sweet-Gold/115561446787?ref=nf"][COLOR=#810081]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Zs-Sweet-Gold/115561446787?ref=nf[/COLOR][/URL]

[/FONT]
ZBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Podge
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayDown View Post
Hey, my name is Turk and I want to learn to Q and have always wanted to try my hand competition Q.

I would be willing to help a team out just so I can get my feet wet, learn some things and also be apart of the Q world that I love so much.
I don't need any help for this contest, since i have some people meeting me there, but be sure to stop by !!
Podge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #15
StayDown

I will be there and I will try and say hi to as many brethren as I can.