• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tri-Tip Paninis

Smoothsmoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I've been developing my own Santa Maria style rub so I just had to go out and get a tri-tip today to put it to the test. Hit it with Royal Oak lump and pecan wood. The rub was great, may tweak it some more but I'm very satisfied with it thus far.

tri1.jpg

tri2.jpg

tri4.jpg

tri3.jpg

Sweetening the red onions up a bit.

tri5.jpg

Time for the sear.

tri6.jpg

Ready to come off!

tri8.jpg

Just right!

tri9.jpg

Tossed the tip, onions, sauce, habanero jack cheese on a ciabatta roll.

tri10.jpg

Fresh out of the press.

Thanks for stopping by!

ok, i could hit that. twice. very nicely done though the taste didn't seem to make it through the pictures.

That looks great, the move to the central coast has served you well. It does look a little brown, you are messing with tradition there. :icon_shy

That looks great, the move to the central coast has served you well. It does look a little brown, you are messing with tradition there. :icon_shy

Thanks!!! Yeah, it's not an old school rub. The garlic powder I'm using is from Gilroy, very potent stuff, and it's noticeably darker than the stuff you get a supermarkets.

I am a Gilroy-aholic. I have spent many years trying to get myself off the evil garlic that is Gilroy. I have given up and will live my life enslaved to the garlic that makes Gilroy famous.

I am a Gilroy-aholic. I have spent many years trying to get myself off the evil garlic that is Gilroy. I have given up and will live my life enslaved to the garlic that makes Gilroy famous.

You been out this area? The smell on the 101 through Gilroy is farking amazing in itself. I'm sure if I stick my tongue out the window I can probably taste it too. :icon_smile_tongue:

Fantastic sammy! :clap:

You been out this area? The smell on the 101 through Gilroy is farking amazing in itself. I'm sure if I stick my tongue out the window I can probably taste it too. :icon_smile_tongue:

I agree. I used to love driving by/through/near Gilroy.

Thanks!!! Yeah, it's not an old school rub. The garlic powder I'm using is from Gilroy, very potent stuff, and it's noticeably darker than the stuff you get a supermarkets.

That sammich looks killer!

Any chance you could send me some garlic? Please send a PM if your willing. Thanks, Jon.

Back