MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

If the dome temp was still 125, I'm thinking it was much less than 4 hours below 140 and you should be fine. Since you've sampled it, you'll know soon enough though...
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #17
MisterChrister
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Agree with others, never got to done. A bone wiggle won't tighten up that much, especially when not refrigerated. Finish in the cooker or oven, it's fine.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #18
schmitty28
On the road to being a farker

is that a typical cook method with a WSM to just add 16# of coals and it is suppose to get to done temp? just curious don't have a WSM but the meat will tell you if its done bone should wiggle free

Old 03-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #19
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
If the dome temp was still 125, I'm thinking it was much less than 4 hours below 140 and you should be fine. Since you've sampled it, you'll know soon enough though...
I agree with guerry. If it had been on it's way down, it wasn't at that temp long.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty28 View Post
is that a typical cook method with a WSM to just add 16# of coals and it is suppose to get to done temp? just curious don't have a WSM but the meat will tell you if its done bone should wiggle free
Yip. That method has worked well for me in the past. But I'm usually monitoring things all along the way, and there's no mystery. 16# of charcoal will give me 12 hours, but I may have had the bottom vents open too much and made it too hot. Maybe I should hone my skills more before I do another overnight smoke.

I ended up foiling them in the oven at 315 for about 90 minutes. THe bones pulled out very easily. The family nibbled at them as I pulled the meat. It's about about 4 hours since, and nobody of pooping/puking.

By the way. Two 8# butts yeilded exactly 8# of ziplock bagged meat.
I've been wondering how much edible meat comes from a butt.
Looks like 50% is bone and fat.

Thanks all VERY MUCH for the advise!
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote