Seasoning for Steaks?

Atrawick

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Bought some T-bones today. Want to try some different seasoning. I'm tired of Dale's. Tried Sea Salt and Ground black pepper last time. Didn't have a good taste. Any Suggestions?

Most of the time I use kosher salt, garlic powder and pepper. Sometimes I leave out the garlic powder.

Montreal Steak Seasoning is also very good.

Taste bud transplant!
I either salt my steaks before cooking or just cook 'em and hit them with some sea salt when they come off the grill and add a scoop of Roasted Garlic and Rosemary compound butter. I guess I'm weird like my steaks to taste like steak.

I like to taste the steak too. Just trying something different that the better half will like.

I used this guys sugestion one time that I got off a forum with something he called a garlic smear. Made it by taking diced up garlic and add a good bit of very course salt and ground it slowly in a mortar and pestle till it make a completely smooth paste. I used that smeared on them after they came off the grill and didn't salt them a whole bunch before they hit the grill, just a lot of pepper before, and it was freaking amazing. You could smear it on there right before they come off too if you didn't want it to be super garlicky.

The stuff really does smear like butter though if you process it a long time in the mortar and pestle. Also read about a guy smearing it on the plate instead and setting the steaks on top of it so when they are resting it mingles with the juice that comes out and makes a garlicky sauce. When I used it though it wasn't too garlicky like you'd think raw garlic paste would be. Here's some pics I got online of the smear before and after though, this guy uses the side of a knife to make it and grind it up.

G3.jpg

G5.jpg

The best seasoning is marbled beef fat, aged beef, salt, pepper, oil.

That said...you can try Butcher's brisket/steak rub...it's pretty good.

Here's my steak seasoning.

2 parts kosher salt
1 part coarse black pepper
1 part granulated garlic
1 part cumin
1 part chili powder
1 part raw sugar
1/2 part granulated onion
1/2 part corriander
1/2 part crushed rosemary
1/2 part white pepper
1/4 part cayenne pepper

Apply evenly but not too heavy as at might get too salty.

My favorite is kosher salt and cracked black pepper. A close second is Dizzy Pig Cow Lick. Give it a try. You can get a sample for just a few bucks.

I make my steak seasoning in bulk, 3.5 lbs. we never started winning brisket till I started using this stuff as the overnight marinade before I hit it with the coarse stuff right before it goes on the smoker. Best steak seasoning I have used to date. My buddy and I shigged it from a really famous meat market in our area. We went to buy some but they were out, so they made some right in front of us on a big ol scale. Farkin dummies should know better! Outta this park with a little evoo and wooster as a glue. Pm me if your interested, I will give you the recipe.

Bought some T-bones today. Want to try some different seasoning. I'm tired of Dale's. Tried Sea Salt and Ground black pepper last time. Didn't have a good taste. Any Suggestions?

I have tried a unique and flavorful rub for beef...Tantonka Dust. Give it a try!

Back