• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork collar snake river

no... I find this like sticking yourself in the eye with a form and pouring Tabasco in your eye...

we going to end up with a NASCAR type pit judge at every smoker?
Aint $$ fun?

If people continue to operate outside of the rules or push them to the utter limits, then yes.

I'd LOVE to see the list of names using these.

YEAH! Who is on that List!

simpsons-mob.jpg

I haven't read the entire thread but I am going to call out whoever claims there is a list. I think its a bunch of crap.

I would imagine, prior to any controversy, SRF would have been glad to produce a list.. It's a marketing tool if they are successful.
Now? Maybe not so much.

Btw the inquiry I made to SRF yesterday morning was never answered by them.

I would imagine, prior to any controversy, SRF would have been glad to produce a list.. It's a marketing tool if they are successful.
Now? Maybe not so much.

Btw the inquiry I made to SRF yesterday morning was never answered by them.

anyone know if SRF has ever visited this forum and thus might have even seen the thread?
if not, they should still be more than willing to offer their prior customer list.

I doubt any company is going to publically list who their customers are unless they have expressed, written consent from those customers to do so. Marketing tool or not, publishing information about some one, even if it's true, is violation of that person's privacy. I'm not saying it's illegal, but it's bad form, and opens you up to litigation at worst, and a lost customer at best. They just don't do it. I know of one team who was in the chase who is sponsored by SRF, so I'm sure that would be published, but I only know they are his beed sponsor, not pork.

So we've established that if it's not labeled as a "Boston Butt" when sold, it's not legal, making a collar not legal. Are you going to want to see a list of those who used "pork shoulder butts" and dethrown them as well? Just as illegal from what I've read. Any one here willing to say that the pork you use, in competition is sold to you as either a "Boston butt," "Picnic," or "whole shoulder?"

dmp

I doubt any company is going to publically list who their customers are unless they have expressed, written consent from those customers to do so. Marketing tool or not, publishing information about some one, even if it's true, is violation of that person's privacy. I'm not saying it's illegal, but it's bad form, and opens you up to litigation at worst, and a lost customer at best. They just don't do it. I know of one team who was in the chase who is sponsored by SRF, so I'm sure that would be published, but I only know they are his beed sponsor, not pork.

So we've established that if it's not labeled as a "Boston Butt" when sold, it's not legal, making a collar not legal. Are you going to want to see a list of those who used "pork shoulder butts" and dethrown them as well? Just as illegal from what I've read. Any one here willing to say that the pork you use, in competition is sold to you as either a "Boston butt," "Picnic," or "whole shoulder?"

dmp

:roll:

They weigh 5 lbs?

dmp

Yup, a pork shoulder butt is just as illegal as a collar butt.
The rule should probably read:
Any 5 lb or larger cut of meat originating from the pork shoulder primal.

dmp

i don't think that has been established.

they can't post a list unless explictly consented. BUT,

earlier in this thread it was stated that, when called, they have given names of teams using this peice from them.

therefor, THE LIST, could be garnered from them quite easily. without any legal implications. now, you'd only have to trust the source that called and posted the names.

personally, i don't give a fark.

picnic is a part of a shoulder

butt is a part of a picnic.

therfor a part of a butt, over 5#'s is legal.

maybe the rule should read, ANY whole part of the pig over 5 pounds.

i guess MANY cooks would still choose the butt because it is excellent.

then again, perhaps not...

Back