The New Rig

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
In it's virgin state b4 last weekends contest. For first time out it went OK. Out of 55 teams at Springfield we went 6th overall, 2nd ribs by .0003, 10th pork.

New Trailer 2.jpg

Wow, thats a nice looking rig. Where did you come across that bad boy?

New Rig

I bought an FEC 500 new, and ordered the trailer from S&S. This picture does not show the worktop commerical fridge we put in, along with shelving. Here is what we came from....

Attachments

• Horizon Pit.JPG
    Horizon Pit.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 155
Dude! That is a serious cooking unit! Hope to get to see it in person someday.....how about Hermann?

Both rigs look sweet!

New Rig / Schedule

Right now it looks like we will cook Laurie, Pacific, Columbia (Sept), Nashville TN and maybe Ankeny Iowa DU cook. Hermann is the same weekend as Nashville. Oops, Mountain Grove too.

Last edited:
By The Way

Thanks for all of the great comments. It helps keep me from thinking I need my freakin' head examined......

My oh my...those are some fine looking rigs right there. Congrats!!

There's Boone County fair in July in Columbia and Brain Injury Assoc. in Oct. in Columbia as well.....think about them.......

I won't be cooking the Sept contest as that is the weekend for my store's inventory, but maybe I can get down to say HI.....

Brain Injury Cook

That may be doable. Is it on the KCBS site yet? What date? Hope to see you! Is it just me, or is this site friendlier than some of the others......?

Great looking rig jbrink01, (both of them) hope to see you at Nashville in Sept. Haven't decided if I'm going to be able to compete on just come up for the contest, trying to figure out work schedule, either way will look you up, love to see the rig and meet a brethern.

That may be doable. Is it on the KCBS site yet? What date? Hope to see you! Is it just me, or is this site friendlier than some of the others......?

The Brain Injury Contest is October 12th and 13th.

BTW, the September contest in Columbia is not sanctioned by KCBS. They are still working on getting sanctioned.

Congrats big guy. I was across from you at the comp next to Pigs in the Pokie. That rig is one sweet bad boy in person. Hope to see you again.

Gorgeous rig... great results from last weekend... and yes this is one of the most friendly places you will find. That is why so many of us call it home!!!

You just got here and you suck!

Jealous Mod

Those are awesome looking rigs.

Brain Injury Contest

I did not know that about September. Do you suspect they will get sanctioning? If not, I will most likely skip it.

Back