MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #16
BBQ_MAFIA
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks like fun thanks for the pics.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #17
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight View Post
. they look concerned about something. what else could it be?

They are wondering how to ask the breaded wonder if they could.............DO THE DISHES!!!!!
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
1 - WSM Mini

I live in fear that my Wife will sell all my "TOYS" when I die for WHAT I told her I paid for them!!
aquablue22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
noskos
On the road to being a farker

Looks like you guys and gals had a lot of fun there!!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #19
watertowerbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschutte View Post
No you're not. I've been to the banana secion at Wal-Mart. The adobo sauce iis placed nowhere near the bananas. Ieat bananas twice a week. Therefore, I'm an expert.i
You're no expert! My wife isn't even from wherever they pick bananas and she not fluent in whatever language that is. When I told her that you eat bananas twice a week, she howled. It's not banana, it just a sweet yellow squash with banana flavoring! (did i hit all the high parts?...i didn't go back and re-read the post, but did this from memory )

This post was brought to you by Chiquita

Just farkin with you Shane.
Previous: BWS Competitor (sold 2012), WSM - 18.5" (2009, sold 2011), WSM - 18.5" (2004, sold 2010)
Superfast Orange Thermopen, Yellow MK4, Fireboard, Railroad Detective

Last edited by watertowerbbq; 09-27-2009 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: grammer
watertowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #20
watertowerbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Rick,
How do you transfer the pizza to the pizza stone? Do you use a pizza peel or something else? Fat guy in Iowa wants to know.
Previous: BWS Competitor (sold 2012), WSM - 18.5" (2009, sold 2011), WSM - 18.5" (2004, sold 2010)
Superfast Orange Thermopen, Yellow MK4, Fireboard, Railroad Detective
watertowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #21
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

What's a breaded wonder???

Haven't had a chance to sort through photos from yesterday yet (was just too late after our 8 hour teardown...)

We'll post up photos Monday, getting ready to head downtown for phase two of our gastro-weekend

Rick, was a pleasure meeting you in person, and I don't give a good GD whether that adobo was "authentic" or not, it was DAMN good! On pizza, on taco's, whatever (and not as hot as you'd led us to believe) And all your food, the pizzas, pineapple, and the banannas foster were excellent!

Always fun to see Ron and Amy, and good to see you again too Bill. Had you simply stayed to the end, we did get a few photos. In fact, we blocked traffic at the exit for 5 or 10 minutes doing it!
Ron, we might have to steal the blankets in a pig idea. And those wings were killer, thanks for the take home sack!

Oh, BTW Bill....Amish law.....really????

Nancy is now, after talking with Amy and I, giving thought to hosting a KCBS contest at the venue, so anyone with any experience organizing and obtaining sanctioning, your help would be appreciated. We were thinking of putting her in touch with Jim from Westmont, and Marcia from Racine for starters. Would be nice to have another local comp!

Anyway, off to Millennium Park. Photos from both events tomorrow, if I haven't eaten and drank myself into a coma
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #22
Theboz1419
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by watertowerbbq View Post
Rick,
How do you transfer the pizza to the pizza stone? Do you use a pizza peel or something else? Fat guy in Iowa wants to know.

He used what looked like wax paper or something similiar, he put the dough on the table on top of the papaer and made the pizza and then used the paper to transfer the pizza to the stone on the egg

Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #23
hammerz_nailz
Full Fledged Farker

Looks like a great time. I definitely want an egg someday for pizza.
Red Thermapen
hammerz_nailz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #24
HARRYSTOWN
On the road to being a farker

Rick a true wizard at Q'n...
I'm always please to see your eats.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
Ross in Ventura
is Blowin Smoke!

Thanks for posting the pictures Rick

Ross

Old 09-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #26
ljh34465
is one Smokin' Farker

Watertowerbbq -good memory and yes, you hit all the high parts, IMO Well done.
ljh34465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #27
Rick's Tropical Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by watertowerbbq View Post
Rick,
parchment paper and then i slide it out from under the crust after a few minutes once the crust has begun to develop

Old 09-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #28
Rick's Tropical Delight

here's a nice video of me petting my beard. or buttering my bread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyGi1uzy7mc

Old 09-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #29
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboz1419 View Post
He used what looked like wax paper or something similiar, he put the dough on the table on top of the papaer and made the pizza and then used the paper to transfer the pizza to the stone on the egg
The paper was just a distraction. The truth is that Rick just looks at the pizza at it moves itself to the stone!

Parsley Lady ad I had a great time at the Eggfest. The weather stayed dry and the syn even came out at the end! It was great to meet Rick after "knowing" him for so long on the forums! It was also great to meet a lot of new folks from here and the Egghead forum like The Boz. Glad you enjoyed the wings!

Here are some of our pictures from the day...

Me moving the Blueberry Pancake Fatties around. They were great! Thanks to Smokin D for the idea!

Brethren member Bones (Chris) working some sausages and meat balls.

Egghead forum member Clay Q made this incredible table for his mini. Check out the sausage link handle on the mini!

Dave with a rack of very good ABTs

My attempt at taking a picture of one of RTD's pizzas

Rick's Tropical Delight! We learned at Tropical is his middle name and Delight is his last name

Bob (Sgt. BBQ on the Egghead forum) cutting up a turkey leg. Thanks for letting me use your Thermapen, Bob!

Rick serving his Bananas Foster

The last two bites of RTD's great Bananas Foster

Boilermaker Ben made some great stir fry in the Egg

One of the Egghead forum members (can't remember his name!) brought his martini kit!

We did remember a group picture, Bill, but you were gone :(
L-R, RTD, Smoke&Stoke (Diane in front, Dann in back), Parsley Lady and me. When we were done with the picture we noticed that we were blocking the exit and had a 6 or 7 car traffic jam built up!

There are more pictures here...
http://picasaweb.google.com/rclewen/...eat=directlink

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
ljh34465
is one Smokin' Farker

Rick - thanks for posting the link to the video - now I can almost say I have been to an Eggfest
ljh34465 is offline   Reply With Quote