transporting MOINKS

energyzer

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I will be smoking up some MOINK balls for a company christmas meal. What is the best way to transport and keep them warm, and or reheat them? Would a crockpot work on the "keep warm" setting?

I have it on good authority that the best way to do this is to smoke them, sauce them, smoke them again to set the sauce. Put them in a servicing pan and wrap said pan in a towel. Put it in a cooler and transport. Unless you are traveling for hours and hours they will still be warm and delicious...

The best place I've found to transport them and keep them warm is in my belly.

Other people at the party don't usually agree with this :tsk:. I will then say to them, "And where are the smokey little balls of heaven that you made? Oh, you didn't make any. You brought the veggie platter. Have fun with that."

And no farking crock pots...
:pray: Begging for forgiveness :redface:

Actually, they will probably have to go 4-5 hours between the time I take them off the drum, and eatin' time. Does this change anything?

That's a long time. If take them right off them smoker and get them well wrapped in a pre-heated cooler you might be okay.

How about putting them in a 9X13 with a heating pad inside the case? I could do that, wrap the whole thing in a towel and place them inside a cooler. Sound acceptable?

How about putting them in a 9X13 with a heating pad inside the case? I could do that, wrap the whole thing in a towel and place them inside a cooler. Sound acceptable?

Sounds like a plan.

How about plugging that heating pad into an inverter on it's lowest setting during the ride?

How about plugging that heating pad into an inverter on it's lowest setting during the ride?
the heating pad I'm talking about is just one you put in the microwave to heat up, then it lays in the bottom of a case that you put your 9X13 casserole dish in.

worked like a charm. They stayed warm for the 4 hours between taking them off the smoker, and eating time. Everyone loved them. Thanks everyone for your opinions!

did you transport them in a cold climate or are you down south?

Back