• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beer Can Chicken

P

Pitmasterx

Every now and than I have to make Beer Can chicken. I think its the best way to make chicken. Crispy skin and juicy on the inside.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pypR--ZXtiY"]Juicy BEER CAN CHICKEN Recipe - Crispy Skin - Best recipe ever - Classic American Sweet Dry Rub - YouTube[/ame]

Dang good lookin bird right there.

Have you tried Dr Pepper or Vernors/ginger ale instead of beer?
They add a nice flavor to the bird

Dang good lookin bird right there.

Have you tried Dr Pepper or Vernors/ginger ale instead of beer?
They add a nice flavor to the bird

I've done a few with lemon juice and water in the can. I've also put a wedge of lemon on top of the can too. I saw a recipe many years back for putting a whole lemon cut into wedges in the cavity of a chicken and I was quite pleased with the results. It give a bit of lemon flavor to the bird and I think it might help a bit to keep it moist. So I tried a slight variation of it with the beer can chicken. I seasoned the outside with Montreal Garlic and Herb seasoning and cooked it about 400 or so until it was done and the skin was nice and crispy.

Great video! I have also used lemon to stop the steam escaping thru where the neck used to be. And a potatoe works just as well.

Very nice. Next time I do chicken I'll give this one a go. Thanks for posting it!

Back