Tough, NYC, food critics...

Nope.. but then again, it's a NYC food critic...:eek: I've not eaten there, but I've heard it one of the better ones..

I can't really say. I've eaten there, but have never paid for the meal. So I think it's great.

Well if its the food critic that sat next to me at the judging table in Brooklyn then, well, oh nevermind, I better keep my mouth shut.

You're just jealous of those groovy purple glasses, Steve

Never been there..but hopefully I'll get to try it soon...

(Smoker...don't get me started too about the critic with the purple glasses at our table... He may know the top chefs and have eaten at every French cusine restaurant in NYC (as he so boldly made clear to the table) but he don't know jack chit abouthalfway decent BBQ..., especially when he scored the best dessert of the day a 1. Now if he would have listened for two minutes during the rules briefing, he would have known that is not allowed).

Still, it hopefully brought some exposure to Grillin on the Bay and that is what matters most....

Food critics, in my opinion are for the most part worthless and biased even if they say they are not. They are still getting paid by the paper or magazine. If they don't jazz up a review and show their true "ability" to critique, the article is a bad read.

The biggest complaint I consistently hear about RUB is cold food. They keep the food in warming ovens and refuse to reheat, and if you open the door every minute the food gets cold quick.

Back