Cross Country Trip

Transformer BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I lived in San Francisco for about a year and a half, and moved back to Boston last June. Rather than fly back, my girlfriend and I decided to drive cross country and stop at bbq joints... we managed so jam in some pretty famous places, as well as a few off the beaten path.

I'm not sure of the rules about posting links... but here are the notes we took, as well as a couple of the pictures we took along the way.

http://transformerbbq.com/blog/cross-country-trip/

-Brendan

holy chit brendan..

did you know that u were at BBQJoes place when you were in Wikiup? ... hes one of our most active and vocal members!! think hes on vacation right now.. but hes here all the time.

and how come no Willy B's in the crawl? :mrgreen:

Hey-
I actually didn't know Joe before I pulled in there, but talked to him for a while when I was in his place. I was directed there from someone else online, and decided to take the detour. Joe actually suggested checking this site out... and I sort of forgot to take a look back then.
After meeting some of the LI guys at the NH contest this year 9all with their big flags, I decided to log on here...

I didn't know about Willy B's at the time, but I am sure to make it there at some point. We had a few set obligations on the trip (like picking up the Lang in FLA)... so sometimes we had to skip over some places.

I guess it means another trip at some point.
-B

Sounds like a great trip. I'd like to go on an extended road trip like that and just find out of the way mom and Pop places that are the backbone of bbq in America.
I'd probably not be able to look a rib in the face for a week or two after...but what a ride!

Back