Eminence Cross Country Trail Ride

jt

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Went to the June trail ride again this year - gone about 8 days. There was a place that serves Q down there but didn't get up there this year. Looks he expanded - had 2 propane tank smokers going.

The June ride is a medium sized thing - between 2000 and 2500 people and about the same amount of horses. The convenience stores ran short on beer this year so they evidently calculated their needs wrong. :wink:

This year is the 50th anniversary for the August ride - normally 6000+ people/horses down there for that one - don't know how many will be there this year. I don't think I'll go to one of those.

Wore my brethren hat a couple times but didn't have anyone flag me down to say hi.

As usual the combination of beer/alcohol and hot weather makes morons hurt themselves and their horses. Usually see a few ambulances, occasionally a life-flight helicopter, and frequently a horse buys it from owner stupidity. This year was no exception - idiot rode his horse into too deep of water with a tie-down on it (a strap attached to both the bridle and the girth under the saddle to keep the horse from tossing it's head). Most horses can swim really well, even with someone on them, but it's kinda hard to breathe when you can't lift your head above water so his/her horse drowned. Sometimes you just wanna shoot people...

Back