• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The UPS Man Cometh...

Assembly is complete! Less than an hour, no swearing and no blood! I call that a success :-D

I need to figure out a plan for the first pizzas and head to the store!

Good. You left the butter knives in the drawer instead of using them as a screw driver. Your toes breathed a sigh of relief, I'm sure :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: Coz
Where did you put the collar on the platter shaft? I moved mine down on the lower shelf above the manufacture bearing. I honestly don't know if it makes a difference.

I left it where it was from the factory for now. I need to measure the height of the bottom stone before I fire it up. It looks high to me right now.

I left it where it was from the factory for now. I need to measure the height of the bottom stone before I fire it up. It looks high to me right now.

The gap between the top of the body and the bottom of the steel platter is like 3/4 of inch on mine.

OK... Thanks for you patience :-D

As I mentioned, assembly took less than an hour. The only tool required was a phillips screwdriver. The legs slid in place with spring loaded pins to hold them in and the side shelves are secures with threaded knobs.

13342833254_ff9512dce4_c.jpg

13342586943_1cd1511ec8_c.jpg

13342587663_f9752a180f_c.jpg

I fired it up to burn off any residue from manufacturing and it took about 20 minutes to get to a stone temp of 650.

Once it was burned off I put together some pizzas for dinner. Since I want to learn the oven first I used fresh dough from Trader Joe's. I bought the plain dough and divided it into two balls and let them rest at room temp for three hours.

The first pizza didn't quite make it to round :rolleyes:, but was close enough. For the first attempt I went with a pizza margherita using TJ's pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil with a drizzle of EVOO.

13342585903_59e18450ca_c.jpg

I put it into the oven at a stone temp of 650 degrees.

13342441905_ed593b7fe8_c.jpg

This picture is crappy because it was getting dark.

It cooked for about 4 minutes until it was done. Once done I stuck it into the home oven to hold while I made a second pizza. This one got closer to round :-D.

13342828804_109005bd77_c.jpg

This one has artichoke hearts, mushrooms, prosciutto, fresh spinach and whole milk mozzarella and a drizzle of EVOO. I put it into the Blackstone at a stone temp of 675 and it also took about 4 minutes.

13342584063_6033e0f584_c.jpg

After cooking I topped it with fresh arugula.

Here is both pizzas...

13342581903_13a13a90d1_c.jpg

Here is the crust on the pizza margherita...

13342438115_d3703d0432_c.jpg

13342580393_1b0da78220_c.jpg

And here is the second pizza...

13342823654_57e07533bf_c.jpg

13342822624_8a987ca603_c.jpg

I'm impressed with the Blackstone. I need to work on the temp and timing to see what is best for me, and I want to start making my own dough and sauce, but that will come with time.

Wow. Ronelle, those look great! Especially for the inaugural cook! On my over now. I have bacon, home made Italian sausage, and a few ideas :-D

Thanks for the thread. I've been cooking pizza on the egg and have been on the pizza forum. Want one of these bad!

Nice looking first bake with the B.S. I think you will really enjoy using it.

Did you crank back the regulator 1 turn and where was your front dial set?

Nice looking first bake with the B.S. I think you will really enjoy using it.

Did you crank back the regulator 1 turn and where was your front dial set?

Yep, one turn on the regulator, and about half way on the front dial. It seemed that the outer crust (cornicione?) took a long time to brown, but that may be because the pies were small. I think a bigger pie would have cooked better.

Yep, one turn on the regulator, and about half way on the front dial. It seemed that the outer crust (cornicione?) took a long time to brown, but that may be because the pies were small. I think a bigger pie would have cooked better.

You are correct. The outer crust will brown quicker. Tonight when I used mine I turned the front dial full blast before pulling off and I had real good results. My pies are about 15 inches.

The first pizza didn't quite make it to round :rolleyes:, but was close enough.

That is called a rustic pizza.
pizza-chef-smiley-emoticon.gif

Did you grab this from woot a couple of weeks ago? Will ya bring it with ya when ya come visit? If not, maybe UPS a couple of pies my way? :)

Back