MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
Hootie125
Got Wood.

Default Missing Cambros! Missing Alabamagrillbillies!

Has any one heard for Alabamagrillbillies? I sent him $300.00 for the three Cambros via pay pay and he received it on the 2nd of may. He told me that he would he would put them in the male that Saturday at the 2nd was on a Thursday and that he would send me confirmation number the day he sent it. I looked Saturday and no conf number so I tried to contact him via email and private message and received nothing until about a week later when he told me that he had cell phone and Internet problems. I told him I understood and he stated that he shipped the Cambros and two came back due to the tops falling off and ups told him to reship. He told me that one was on its way and that he would eat the shipping on the other two and send me the conf numbers that night. I waited and again did not receive the Cambros . Since then I have made numerous attempts to contact him and no response. He still has $200.00 that I paid him but and as of this date I have not received or heard anything from him. Any suggestions or does anyone know him personally and can contact him for me and see what's going on? Maybe something happened to him or possibly he forgot (I highly doubt it). I just want him to make it right and send me the Cambros that I bought. If you know him on a personal level please pass this on. Thanks for your help.
Hootie125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
TroyA65
is one Smokin' Farker

Contact paypal and let them know you never received the merchandise, they may be able to help.
TroyA65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyA65 View Post
Contact paypal and let them know you never received the merchandise, they may be able to help.

Yes.....

Go into your Pay Pal account and click the link to "Report a Claim" or something like that, they will handle it from there. It takes about 2 weeks because they are slow, but they will investigate it..
IamMadMan is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
deguerre

It's only been two weeks. Personally, I would have waited a wee bit longer and kept it private. But that's just me.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
aawa
Babbling Farker

2 weeks with only 1 contact from the guy, with no shipping confirmation sent. 2 weeks of being out $200+ bucks would be my limit of keeping it private and waiting. It isn't personal, it is just business.

OP file a claim with PayPal. You will either get the cambros you bought off of him, or you will get your money back. If you went through a company and they set the level of expectation that the cambro's would be sent and a confirmation/tracking number provided and none of it was provided and a week had went by would you not ask for your money back and just buy the product elsewhere?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Bludawg

I wonder how many time he has sold the same 3?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
toadhunter911
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
I wonder how many time he has sold the same 3?
I think I'd give Alabamagrillbillies a little slack. He's been a member here since 2007 with 800+ posts.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Hopefully you used your credit card with Paypal. Then you have no worries, you can just write a letter to your bank and tell them to initiate a chargeback. Piece of cake.

seattlepitboss
seattlepitboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
Hootie125
Got Wood.

Thank y'all for the advice and excuse my messed up typing my fingers are too fat. I'm just reaching out for advice from the pros before I really jumped the gun on him .

Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
nthole
Babbling Farker

He hasn't been online for nearly 2 weeks. Not normal for a guy that's been here 5 years with 800 posts. Maybe something really is going on. I agree two weeks is a long time, but sometimes things do happen that suck.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
gtr

^^^I'm just here to see how nthole got out of the Penalty Forum.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
landarc

Sawzall

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #13
Hootie125
Got Wood.

.I heard from him today he said he was in the field with military and that his wife failed to ship the Cambros so all is good on his part .I was just starting to wonder if something might have happened to him and posting this would cause someone that knew him to make contact and find and get his attention. Thank y'all for all of the help. It would have been nice if he would have let me know something but it so far is working out.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
Hootie125
Got Wood.

He has sent me two confirmation numbers and has honored the agreement and came through. Sometimes people get busy in life and I understand that. Thanks alabamagrillbillies for being a stand up guy and fine example of how a brethren should be

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
BaggerBill
On the road to being a farker

Nice to see things work out!
BaggerBill is offline   Reply With Quote