any suggestions for my competition problem

rookiedad

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
i tried to get into the keystone classic in pa. but was not able to because i could only get there after midnight. problem is i would miss the cooks meeting. until now one of my brothers would attend the cooks meeting and get the meat inspected. question is if i plan to compete alone, is there any way to do it if i can't get ther until midnight or later due to work?

Talk with the organizer, sometimes a simple phone call or email can alleivate those issues. The problem you are going to have is the KCBS reps and meat inspection, don't have a solution to that for you.

I have seen teams miss meat inspection for various reasons (arrive late, open the package and find out you have bad meat and need to go to the store, etc) and the reps sometimes will choose a fellow competitor to inspect your meat. I would ask if this is an option.

We've had to arrive late on more than one occasion, sometimes the rep will stay for us, sometimes they'll appoint someone to inspect meat for us.

Each time we've called ahead to make arrangements, although once due to vehicle issues the lead time was only twelve hours or so.

We've had to arrive late on more than one occasion, sometimes the rep will stay for us, sometimes they'll appoint someone to inspect meat for us.

Each time we've called ahead to make arrangements, although once due to vehicle issues the lead time was only twelve hours or so.

thanks! how did they address the cooks meeting issue at this time?

thanks all for the info!

thanks! how did they address the cooks meeting issue at this time?
They just brought us our boxes -- we've been to a number of cooks' meetings with those particular reps, they know that we know the ropes.
Hell, they also know that even if I HAD attended the cooks' meeting, Alzheimer Woman would probably ask them the same questions again the next morning anyway.
crylaugh.gif

PHP:
until now one of my brothers would attend the cooks meeting and get the meat inspected. question is if i plan to compete alone, is there any way to do it if i can't get ther until midnight or later due to work?
So your brother is out for this comp? Is there anyone else that can help you out? A second pair of hands is always nice to have around and they make good box runners.

Definately just talk with your reps, and organizer. This stuff happens all the time. People work late, have trailer probs, you name it...

Just get ahold of them and let them know you want to attend... and they will likely get you your boxes and inspections via someone else, unless they are staying onsite, and plan to be up still... (which happens on occasion too)

If you just need someone for the cooks meeting I will be there and can attend for you since I am not competing

Back