MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
New Pal Frank
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Introduction to BBQ

Friends of OBR (Operation BBQ Relief) will be hosting an Introduction to BBQ class Febuary 28-March 1 at the Marriott Lousville East In Louisville KY to help raise funds for OBR. 100% if resgistation will be donated to their cause, In return you will recieve two nights of luxury accommodations, and a five star bourbon themed dinner prepared by Chef Ryan Montgomery, one of thenations top chefs.

The class will feature Chad (Podge) Hayden, 2007 Jack Danials World Champion in Chicken and Brisket and Over-All Grand World Champion, and Donny Bray of Warren County Pork Choppers, one of the hottest KCBS teams for 2012 and 2013, and has won 7 grands this season to make him an automatic for the Jack Danials World Championship Invational this year.

The class will also feature presentations from Pillip and Kathy Brazier, renowned KCBS reps and competitors as well, to explain what the Reps do to insure a fair contest.

My self (Frank) and my lovley wife Debbie, as KCBS Master Certified BBQ Judges and competitors, will explain the judging process.

Ralph Blanford will go over the duties of the Contest Organizer, as he is the organizer of a great contest in Springfeild KY, The Jim Beam Classis.

Jackie and Sherry Price, of Smoke on This Competition BBQ Team and dealers of Backwoods Smokers, will discuss the equipment side of things.

Kevin "Porkchop" Manring, a board member of OBR, and a BBQ ledgen of BBQ in Kentucky and Indiana will talk about the amazing work this great Non Profit organization does.

The cost of this great class is $600 per person and $1000 per couple. The class is limited to 30 people.

Please contact Tom "PappyQ" for regestration at [email protected]

Thank You and I look forward to seeing some of you there.
Husband & Wife Team (so far)

[B][I][COLOR=magenta][U]Hug Hogs Competition BBQ Team[/U] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=black][U]New Palestine IN[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
New Pal Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
bbq.tom
is One Chatty Farker

Sounds like a GREAT class for a GREAT cause!!!

I sure hope you fill up fast! Unfortunately, my wife and I will be otherwise occupied that weekend.

GOOD LUCK!
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CBJ - MBN, NCBS, NCPC, SBN[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CTC - KCBS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]4 Lil' Pigs Competition BBQ Team[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]270-Sumo, LANG, BDS, & Holland Epic[/COLOR][/SIZE]
bbq.tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
New Pal Frank
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq.tom View Post
Sounds like a GREAT class for a GREAT cause!!!

I sure hope you fill up fast! Unfortunately, my wife and I will be otherwise occupied that weekend.

GOOD LUCK!

Yes Tom, it is a great cause.
You never know when disaster will strike in your neighborhood.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
New Pal Frank
is one Smokin' Farker

Well it looks like our 2 cooking instructors for our class have finished one, two at Ribberfest in Madison IN. Moonswiners GC and Warren County Pork Choppers RGC.
Oh, and our organizer, PappyQ, finished 3rd.

Great Job guy. Keep it up.