APL's "Serious BBQ" and, well...Serious Price

Pig Daddy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I went to Amazon and saw that a new hardcopy is now $115. :twitch: Barnes & Noble lists new hardcopies from $235-$289.:faint:

Good thing I bought mine years ago...

Dang! :shocked:

Glad I got mine when I did. Can't remember what it cost - just some normal book price. Is it out of print or something? It really is a great book, but there are a lot of other books I'd buy before plunking down that kind of $$ for that one.

:shock:

Seriously?!

As said, I'm sure glad I got one when it only cost me about $15-20.
I think that was only about a year ago.

Wonder why the huge increase in cost?

Got a copy new/used from Amazon for around $10 a few months ago, guess I was lucky. I noticed a bookstore near here had two or three new copies recently for the cover price of $35-ish. I would look in bookstores. It's a good book, but certainly not worth that kind of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - His BBQ 25 is contains 25 of the same recipes (thus the name) as Serious
Barbecue
, but in a unique condensed and useful format.

John

Sold mine here to a brother for what I paid plus shipping and he gave me five bucks more to boot. I didn't rip him and he was kind enough to repay the favor. Don't remember the price but it was between 10 to 30 dollars plus shipping. A bro is a bro!!

Just found one at my local booksamillion, paid retail but that's ok better than prices ive ween elsewhere, hope its worth that.

Just found one at my local booksamillion, paid retail but that's ok better than prices ive ween elsewhere, hope its worth that.

It's probably not worth it, since they're going for upwards of $300 online. :shock: :wink:

FYI - Adam is trying to make the book available again, but it will take a while.

John

I have been watching the prices for a while, and there are two pages for it on amazon with differing (sometimes by a lot) prices.

I went to two bookstores today, Barnes and Noble andgot lucky at Booksamillion. Yeah prices nonlinear are crazay! Just thumbed through the book and there are several recipies that caught my eye. I won some beef from a new company in CO and I'm gonna try the whole beef tenderloin with Worcestershire glaze next week.
I really like what I see so far and the book is a whole lot bigger than I expected.

If you use Amazon, you can get a plug-in called:
http://us.camelcamelcamel.com/

It tracks the prices on Amazon overtime. According to it, a used copy sold for $3 on Dec 19, and new by a 3rd part for $9 on Dec 8. You can setup watches to email you when it hits a set price. It is a pretty neat plugin. It is shocking to see how much Amazon moves their prices around to test the market.

I went to two bookstores today, Barnes and Noble andgot lucky at Booksamillion. Yeah prices nonlinear are crazay! Just thumbed through the book and there are several recipies that caught my eye. I won some beef from a new company in CO and I'm gonna try the whole beef tenderloin with Worcestershire glaze next week.
I really like what I see so far and the book is a whole lot bigger than I expected.

Dangit just checked what I have left its just a small 1# tenderloin and a large London broil. Any one have a recipient for that? I never cooked one before its about 3 lbs.

Back