Hey everyone! (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapittboss

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well I'm back, and I'm pretty sure it's for good this time. My move from CA to KY really hosed me up when it comes to internet access. I actually bought my house last December but didn't move until the kids finished the school year. In the mean time, I checked on-line and found out that my neighborhood was wired for cable (I bought the house before I saw it, great location and price, everything I was looking for, only on the market for three days, etc...) but when I got here found out the cable wont be in until the end of the first quarter of 2008. Worse, I can't even get DSL! Coming from CA where you can get broadband everywhere, I was really upset. Especially since I had been bragging to my brother that my new cable modem was going to blow away his slow DSL. So, to make a long story longer, when I moved I sold my house in CA, quit my job and just up and moved. Which brings me to the present. I just started a new job 2 weeks ago, and, tada, I now have internet access!! I'm working in a Verizon call center so I can only get on it during breaks and lunch, but hey, it's better than going all the way to the library, or borrowing wireless from nearby hotels.

It's glad to home! And thanks for listening.

Well I'm back, and I'm pretty sure it's for good this time. My move from CA to KY really hosed me up when it comes to internet access. I actually bought my house last December but didn't move until the kids finished the school year. In the mean time, I checked on-line and found out that my neighborhood was wired for cable (I bought the house before I saw it, great location and price, everything I was looking for, only on the market for three days, etc...) but when I got here found out the cable wont be in until the end of the first quarter of 2008. Worse, I can't even get DSL! Coming from CA where you can get broadband everywhere, I was really upset. Especially since I had been bragging to my brother that my new cable modem was going to blow away his slow DSL. So, to make a long story longer, when I moved I sold my house in CA, quit my job and just up and moved. Which brings me to the present. I just started a new job 2 weeks ago, and, tada, I now have internet access!! I'm working in a Verizon call center so I can only get on it during breaks and lunch, but hey, it's better than going all the way to the library, or borrowing wireless from nearby hotels.

It's glad to home! And thanks for listening.
welcome back- from another in ky.

Welocme!! Glad you got all settled!!

Welcome home John. Now get us all a beer!
Glad your back.

Thanks everybody, it's funny but you really do miss this place when you stop hanging around.

On the beer note. One thing I've found since moving is I can now use my entire basement for fermenting and cool conditioning (not quite lagering, but oh well) It usually stays around the high 50's. I've been a homebrewer for around 13 years or so and I can now use my chest freezer to keep all my kegs at serving temps. Ya gotta love that. I'm currently drinking from four kegs that I've brewed since moving.

[begin Ty Pennington voice]
Welcome home PitBoss, welcome home.
[/Ty Pennington voice]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back