Turkey question

lastmajordude

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The "Poah" side of Madison Co. Mississippi
I read where "meathead" on that other site does not brine anymore. I started to brine turkey because of him years ago and have had such good luck I started doing chicken because some of the good Brethren on here do. Again with wonderful luck. My question is does anybody brine their turkey AND inject with either a chicken stock brine OR Tony's Cajun butter injection. Sorry for the questions but I'm getting EXCITED!!! It's almost TURKEY TIME! Any feedback is greatly appreciated and Happy Early Thanksgiving.....

I don't brine unless it is a fresh bird most birds are already brined at the processors. I do inject with Creole butter sometimes( good product) and sometimes I just melt some unsalted butter and steep some Tony C's in it and inject that. I never inject a bird that I have brined. Keep it simple and let old Tom be all he can be.

Beer brine, but no injection. If the bird is already "enhanced" (ie. pre-brined) I cut the salt in half. But I still use my other spices and sugar. And of course the beer adds a lot of flavor too.

No brine here and injected only once. Only have 3 turkeys under my belt ( 2 on the OTS, 1 on the drum) and haven't had moisture problems and the flavor was to our liking. I must say that the injected one was done with a spicey chicken stock and was real good but not something that would go with the typical Thanksgiving fare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back