first time smoking ribs and bier can chicken

D

dutch grillmeister

Hi,

I would like to shair my first expierence of smoking ribs and bier can chicken. I know the ribs are small tiny pieces but its sad to screw up large pieces of rib. I also wanted to check how the marinade tastes.

GroteFoto-UXS8H6GK.jpg

GroteFoto-BS6JWZHV.jpg

Heineken, What else?
GroteFoto-ROQPE7B7.jpg

Ribs 1 hour, chicken 5 minutes
GroteFoto-LHS4T38O.jpg

Ribs 2 hours, chicken 1 hour
GroteFoto-UV8PTGGR.jpg

Ribs 3 hours, chicken 2 hours

It was delicious:) Singapore marninade and glaze saus was perfect.

Regards, Benjamin

Benjamin the ribs and chicken look great! They look very tasty!
I've not tried beer can chicken on it's side like that..looks like it came out well though.
Thanks for sharing your pictures! :thumb:

Glad you liked it! Did you have beer in that can? Can't imagine that it stayed in there if you did :) I can't tell in the pics if you have a lower rack in your UDS, but the way I've always done them is to set the chicken upright, balanced on the can with about half the beer still inside. That way the beer steams up into the cavity of the chicken while it cooks. It probably still came out nice and moist the way you did it too, I'd just never seen that before. Congrats on a successful cook either way!

I Love the color of the chicken. Those are some really great results for a first time cook.

Nice work on those, time to get some bigger pieces of ribs me thinks. I guess the bier can chicken would be fine if the opening of the can was pointing upwards, it is different.

Welkom Benjamin!
Looking good!
Normally when people do a biercan chicken they set them vertically.
BTW....I don't think I know you,not a member of the Dutch BBQ forum?

Glad you liked it! Did you have beer in that can? Can't imagine that it stayed in there if you did :) I can't tell in the pics if you have a lower rack in your UDS, but the way I've always done them is to set the chicken upright, balanced on the can with about half the beer still inside. That way the beer steams up into the cavity of the chicken while it cooks. It probably still came out nice and moist the way you did it too, I'd just never seen that before. Congrats on a successful cook either way!

Hi, Yes there was beer in the can. I used a 0,5 Liter can. Drunk half of the beer and used the other half for the chicken. The opening of the can were "on top" the beer didn't run out while cooking. First I tried to put the chicken vertically but then the lid wouldn't fit anymore. so the only possible way was to put it down horizontal. the rack is mounted 7 inches below the lid.

Maybe I need to use a smaller can next time.

But thanks anyway!

Welkom Benjamin!
Looking good!
Normally when people do a biercan chicken they set them vertically.
BTW....I don't think I know you,not a member of the Dutch BBQ forum?

Hi,

I see you are also dutch, Im not yet member of the dutch bbq forum because this forum is more extensive. Maybe I will register in the future.

Groeten

Nice work on those, time to get some bigger pieces of ribs me thinks. I guess the bier can chicken would be fine if the opening of the can was pointing upwards, it is different.

I already have the bigger ribs! Made soms photos before I putted them in the freezer

I payed 22 euro for 4 kg ribs

Foto-X4X3TLOP.jpg

regards

Ausgezeischnet!:clap2::clap2:

Ich spreche keine deutsch.

I am from Holland not from Germany:p Germany is near our border but we dont speak there language.

But you are right, they look great don't they?

Greetz

Ich spreche keine deutsch.

I am from Holland not from Germany:p Germany is near our border but we dont speak there language.

But you are right, they look great don't they?

Greetz
Oh, I know!:wink:
Yep, Dutch is just a wee bit different drom Deutsch. But, it's closer than Spanish.:becky:

You should also join the Dutch Brethren....that way you get best of both worlds.:wink:
If you're not doing anything 2-3 of july you should come to Hoofddorp...NKBBQ2011.
I'm there competing and it's a chance to meet forum members.
14th of august we're having a Forum Family day....most of us are bringing our portables,sort of tailgaiting idea.

You should also join the Dutch Brethren....that way you get best of both worlds.:wink:
If you're not doing anything 2-3 of july you should come to Hoofddorp...NKBBQ2011.
I'm there competing and it's a chance to meet forum members.
14th of august we're having a Forum Family day....most of us are bringing our portables,sort of tailgaiting idea.

Your totally right:) I will register myself right away:) Sounds fun to visit NKBBQ2011, maybe I will take a look with my classmate, he is also into bbq's and smokers. I saw that Hoofddorp is 2 hours 30 minutes driving from Waterlandkerkje. But no doubt that its worth it:)

Tnx for the tip.

Sorry voor mijn engels:doh:

Greetz

Props for getting innovative when your lid wouldn't close. I don't know if I would have even thought of that?

Back