• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Austin to College Station

Where I always went
Sorry double post.

You can go to Louie Mueller if you take 79 up to Taylor and then head east after you fill up your belly.

I am sure I am late on this but the wait is not bad on a weekday. On the weekend the BBQ tour starts so it may get a little dicey on meat supply.

Oh chit - just now seeing this! John Mueller is cooking at a spot called Black Box in Georgetown. My older son and I ate there last month and it was farkin great! The beans there are my favorite and he has a great squash dish there believe it or not. :noidea: Plus the usual stuff is all top notch. We were there right when they opened and there was zero line.

Not sure when Louie Mueller sells out, but we got there around 11 or 12 on a Saturday and had no problem. Got there right after going to Snow's. We were quite full by the time all that was done. :shocked:

Well fark, I headed out yesterday, but ended up in a farkin' blizzard. Five miles from the hotel, I had to turn back as I could not see the road there was so much blowing snow. By the time I got back to the hotel, it was cleared up, but I didn't feel like driving anymore. Ended up eating some really chitty Mexican food at a small family-owned restaurant. Will have to wait until next time.

They have some good Mex food at Taco More. There are a couple/few locations. Had a very good chicken fried steak & mash taters at Hyde Park Bark & Grill too.

We did 5 BBQ joints plus tacos and CFS in 2 days. I think the plane was a little heavier heading back to CA. :shocked:

They have some good Mex food at Taco More. There are a couple/few locations. Had a very good chicken fried steak & mash taters at Hyde Park Bark & Grill too.

We did 5 BBQ joints plus tacos and CFS in 2 days. I think the plane was a little heavier heading back to CA. :shocked:

Well, you did a lot better than I did this time. The only really decent Q I had was at Black's the first night. I also didn't realize how they charge up the wazoo there. I really only wanted brisket, but the lady handed me a plate to put some sides on to start. I put a bit of coleslaw, potatoes and some pecan yummy stuff on it, like one bite of each and they charge me something outrageous for it, like $7 for the plate and additional for each side. Ended up costing me $29+ in the end and all I had was 1/2 brisket, two pork ribs, a drink and those sides. The brisket was outstanding, some of the best I've had, but it was a royal rip-off. Next time, I'll turn down that plate. :hand:

Gore, Dang it!! I just saw this. I live near Austin. Would have loved to meet up with you! If you're ever back in this area, please let me know.

Gore, Dang it!! I just saw this. I live near Austin. Would have loved to meet up with you! If you're ever back in this area, please let me know.

Fark, I even had a spare evening. I tried to get to Lockhart my last night and got caught in a farkin' blizzard. I actually had to turn back and didn't make it. :tsk:

Well, you did a lot better than I did this time. The only really decent Q I had was at Black's the first night. I also didn't realize how they charge up the wazoo there.

Black's is one of the cheaper places. Prices at other places go up from there.

Back