• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Injecting with soda.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have heard of people cooking pork in Dr.Pepper. Personally I love the southern classic drink Cheerwine. I was wonder how it would work to inject a pork shoulder with Cheerwine..... Thoughts???????????

I've injected Dr. Pepper combo's into ham with good results. If I could find Cheerwine around here I'd be all over that.

I am sure you can find it just got to look hard enough. I am from South Carolina, but live in Utah now. I found a place that sells them cheaper in bulk than I can buy them for in South Carolina.

Cherry Dr. Pepper works very well in an injection. I've used Cheerwine too and think it has too light a flavor in an injection. Tasty to drink though.And I think he means tonic! That's what we New Englanders used to call the stuff.

I've heard of people marinading in Dr. Pepper. FAWOOSH!!!

Seems like there's only one way to find out how it'd work . . . :wacko: :mrgreen:

I use Dr. Pepper for a spicy sweet mop. I love it but I am a Dr. Pepper junkie so it was only a matter of time even if no one else did it.

I've never have but it sounds like a good idea to try. Didn't Moe Cason on this last season of Pitmasters inject his pork butt with jerk seasoning and ham base mixed with regular cola?

In a pinch I used Mountain Dew in Pork butts with some rub and it ended up winning the peoples choice category by over 80 votes.....so its worth a shot.

I've made a brine with Mtn Dew and kosher salt for chicken. No more than 2 hours soak or chicken starts taking the color of Mtn Dew. Very good tho.

Cheerwine???? Not good for an injection...I would be happy to dispose of it correctly if you all send it to me...haha. My FAVORITE soft drink!

I've actually had Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce and thought it was great. Can't remember where I had it from though. I've not injected with any sodas but I did make a spritz for smoking a butt one time out of Pepsi, apple cider vinegar and some apple juice. Poured the rest of it over in the foil when I foiled it and I thought it was good grub.

Back