Chicken Fried Bacon .. Man-O-Man

Single Fin Smoker said:
Where the hell is Snook Texas?

Dat one old dude that was smokin his cigarettes and eatin his chicken fried bacon looked my grand dad.

Holy Crap :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THat may be the most amazing thing I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I used to love to watch Texas Country Reporter! MAn I miss Texas !!!!!!

Fin ,
Snook ,Texas is right smack dab in between Brenham and College Station.... God's country!!!

I didn't realize that it was something new. My mom used to make fired bacon from time to time. Just never thought of making it with sawmill gravy. She'd just take thick sliced bacon, flour it up and fry it. The best was the thick sliced with the rind still on it.
Man, I'd forgotten about that until this post. Quite a few years of my life have passed since the last time I've had any. May have to make some up this weekend.

Did anyone read the posts below? Some stupid vegan complaining about having to pay for heath care because the people will have heart disease.

The best reply to the vegan was if the food won't get you the cancer will. Linda McCarthy mod.

Two things happened to me while watching that video. I started to salivate, then I felt an artery explode.

Another reason to be proud ya live in Texas!

I will have that as soon as I get to the store and pick some Country Fried Chicken Mix and my prescription for Lipitor!!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!

kickassbbq said:
I will have that as soon as I get to the store and pick some Country Fried Chicken Mix and my prescription for Lipitor!!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!

May need to upgrade to Vitorin for those babies. That looks good to me :shock:

There was an issue of Texas Monthly that had a feature on chicken fried foods. Ranged from steak, bacon, lobster, quail and a few others. I'll look for it online.

Wouldn't that be even better it it was dipped in Bagna Cauda?

I thought deep frying bacon was bad (saw that on a trail ride last year), this is heart attack on the menu! But I guess better than a fried snickers bar.

Back