MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #706
Blan Dam
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default New Member

Would love the site more if I could access the recipes
Blan Dam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #707
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blan Dam View Post
Would love the site more if I could access the recipes

Did ya READ the message on the recipe link?

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #708
mmargo3537
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

I think asking for a donation is a great idea and I would not mind paying a monthly amount.
mmargo3537 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #709
Newport65
Found some matches.

So far like the site...trying to figure out how to navigate through...there is a ton of experience on this site that I can't wait to tap into
Newport65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #710
jace
Found some matches.

great resource
jace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #711
llanero
Got Wood.

great site, how many posts are required to see the recipes?
llanero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #712
93_confirmed
Take a breath!

Loving the site. I originally registered on Weber Kettle Club but there isn't much traffic there so I went in search of a more active forum, which brought me here. This is the first site I check every morning now.
93_confirmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #713
Spotu
Found some matches.

I was hooked on the forum by the thread "Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said"...I've poked around a little more, but haven't seen too much. The recipes are locked out, many of the links I click on are dead, and some of the discussions are dated.

However, I love the enthusiasm & will give myself time to figure out where the "good stuff" is.
Spotu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #714
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotu View Post
I was hooked on the forum by the thread "Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said"...I've poked around a little more, but haven't seen too much. The recipes are locked out, many of the links I click on are dead, and some of the discussions are dated.

However, I love the enthusiasm & will give myself time to figure out where the "good stuff" is.
The recipe section is hidden to keep it from getting hammered by spammers. If you click on the link in the menu bar it tells you exactly what to do to get the actual link to the recipe section.

Please post some examples of links that are dead so we can look into it, and also some example of discussion that are dated. When I look at Q-Talk, for example, the first three pages are all threads that have activity today. If I open that up to a week that is 13 pages of threads.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #715
scruffee81
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

as a new member, i love this site. getting new insight, tips, and tricks from people with more experience than me...cant beat it. just became the new owner of a Large BGE, and had my first cook on it last night. cant wait to learn more and try new meats this summer. ill be searching through these forums every break I get at work.

ps: to Moderators, the "WELCOME" tab on top of the website is mispelled
scruffee81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #716
TexasBill
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

I am new here, but would be willing to donate. I have been looking for a site like this.
TexasBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2014, 11:29 PM   #717
Okie Sawbones
Banned

Great site for searching for techniques and recipe basics, but unfortunately I find the moderators a bit thin skinned. Other than that, a great BBQ site.
Okie Sawbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #718
dingo1915
Found some matches.

GREAT site. TONS of helpfull information. Ive enjoyed hours of reading thru post and looking up information to help with UDS builds. I would'nt mind giving back for all the help that Ive recieved.
dingo1915 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #719
rbswrds
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default so far its been good and I already subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicewine View Post
Brothers and Sisters

This site is home for alot of us!! It costs alot to keep the site running and so far Phil and a number of others have paid to keep the site up and running. There are so many members now that it is costing alot more to run this site.

Question: Would you be willing to give a donation to help keep the site running??

I have already hit Pay Pal to help out. Think what it would cost you for a subscription to a magazine.

Come on Bro's

Show you care!!

Buy a subscription or make a donation by using the options in the menu on the top of the forum.

Spice
I'm a newbie here and really like the site. Still figuring out where to begin and how to navigate.
I basically felt; if I'm going to gain so knowledge and ideas from y'all then I might as well contribute via a subscription.
rbswrds is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #720
80 gallon smokin
Full Fledged Farker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicewine View Post
Brothers and Sisters

This site is home for alot of us!! It costs alot to keep the site running and so far Phil and a number of others have paid to keep the site up and running. There are so many members now that it is costing alot more to run this site.

Question: Would you be willing to give a donation to help keep the site running??

I have already hit Pay Pal to help out. Think what it would cost you for a subscription to a magazine.

Come on Bro's

Show you care!!

Buy a subscription or make a donation by using the options in the menu on the top of the forum.

Spice
I lurked around for a while and and then joined a while back. I got a bunch of info on how to build my first horizontal RF smoker( my first smoker) here so i am glad to contribute to keeping it going, signed up today. keep up the great work everyone and thanks for all the input on my build.
[COLOR=SeaGreen]"[SIZE=3]when you take it [/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]from my cold dead fingers[/SIZE][/FONT]" !!!
[COLOR=DarkOrange][COLOR=Black]WHO [/COLOR]DAT!!
[COLOR=Purple]GEAUX[/COLOR] TIGERS!!
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
80 gallon smokin is offline   Reply With Quote