My first fatty (pron)

Professor

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was at the grocery store picking up some items for a salad when I stumbled across the bacon and ground sausage section. I felt compelled to try and smoke a fatty. The sausage had Italian seasonings and I used a combination of oak and hickory wood. Managed to do a bacon weave and stuffed it with a Mexican cheese blend. Had it on the pit for about 2 1/2 hours @ 250F. Took the fatty off when it hit 170F although I put it over direct heat for maybe 3 minutes/side to try and crisp up the bacon.

Here it is!
IMG_2476.JPG

About 1 hour into the event!

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2482.JPG

Wow - looks great - especially for a first! I have yet to try one - The Bacon weave confuses me - not sure I'll be able to figure it out....

Looks good! Fatties are one of my favorite things in the smoker cause you can stick one in with about anything, and what a nice way to make waiting for the main cook to come out.

Wow - looks great - especially for a first! I have yet to try one - The Bacon weave confuses me - not sure I'll be able to figure it out....
It looks confusing to me as well.I am ready to try a fatty so i will give it a try.It cant be as hard as it looks

Back