• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

***VOTE- BBQ Brethren "Fruit" Throwdown -VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Fruit" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Fruit"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 6/18.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1303068_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1303360_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Amber[/size]
1303503_Amber.jpg

[size=+2]Alan in Ga[/size]
1303516_Alan_in_Ga.jpg

[size=+2]Desert Dweller[/size]
1304651_Desert_Dweller.jpg

[size=+2]King[/size]
1304705_King.jpg

[size=+2]High Q[/size]
1307738_High_Q.jpg

[size=+2]BigButzBBQ[/size]
1309112_BigButzBBQ.jpg

I really wanted to go for the creativeness of the bacon-blueberry goodness, but I'm a sucker for chocolate.

...and wine.

...and ice cream.

...and I looooove cherries.

...fire is cool too...fire, fire!:heh:

...but mostly it was the chocolate.

I had to go with Gore I love everything about his dish and he knows that fire and shiny objects entertain me so much.

They all look great; the thought of Richard Simmons roasting on a spit over an open pit is especially appealing. But in the end it is hard to beat a bacon and blueberry combination.

I had to go with someone other than Gore, seeing Bigabyte's avatar staring at the food just unnerved me so much.

Well, I had to change my mind part way through the week, and confirmed it again now. What spoke to me (and said eat me now, b4 some1 else does) was High Q's Blueberry Tart. I've always liked tarts. (Go ahead, shoot your best shot at my target!)

I know, you all like meat. So do I, but with fruit? Bacon and blueberries really looked awesome. But Mango, I love Mango. Thank you Amber. :clap:

Well, this is a thread I didn't follow. Fruit is just not me... I realise that this is a problem I need to work on, but currently I only have interest for 2 food groups... Meat, and Fermented Grain.

Having said that, I can't go past Alan in GA, just for the pure fun of it!

I hope it was good!....

WAIT A MINUTE... I CANT VOTE FOR ALAN IN GA... theres no button to vote for him.... I want a BUTTON to vote for Alan in GA NOW!!! C'mon!

Cheers!

Bill

Man O Man... the TD's just seem to get tougher & tougher every week!

I only saw 1 entry in there that made my stomach turn... Alan, I really hope that's not a pic of you in Rockafeller Plaza!!

In the end I had to go with King... he put together something that was out of the box and on, what I consider, the edge of the fruit kingdom.
And then he grilled it...

Despite so many temptations (especially with bacon), cherry dumplings are my absolute favorite this time of year and those look every bit as good as the ones my wife bakes for me. I hope she's not jealous.

I have the strangest feeling that I'm being watched...

Attachments

• watchful pastries.jpg
    watchful pastries.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 243
I had to go with High-Q. The tart just looked soooo good.

I was tempted to vote for Desert Dweller, but then I realized that the picture reminded me of something else, and my mind was wandering... Sorry... i just had to get that off of my chest. It's all for the breast.

:becky:

Went with Gore....he had a flame in the picture...

close 2nd....Alan in Ga, but lost points for making me spit all of my desk, monitor, wall, crack the printer behind me, knock the phone off the desk. But dang that was funny. Didnt see it coming!

Well,they all looked great again!.Had to go with High Q.

Alan in Ga. If it was the biggest fruit throw down.... Ya would get all the votes!

Picking up Cheetoes all over the living room.Thanks,funny as hell!!:thumb:

OK! I got a farkin bone to pick with schellter and wildride3434. Because of you two I missed a chance at being nominated to the zero club. Watch what your doing next time... (thx for the votes anyway)

Hey DD, be careful or someone might just vote for you every time, just for that reason. Not that I would ever think of doing something like that. :tape:

Back