How to Test Your Thermo for Accuracy

Bogus Chezz Hawg

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is from the ThermoWorks website...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Many people want to test their thermometer’s accuracy in boiling water. BUT, water boils at different temperatures depending on altitude and barometric pressure. Use this easy calculator to check the correct temperature of boiling water for your location under current conditions.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Here is a link to their boiling point calculator...

http://thermoworks.com/software/bpcalc.html

I just ran the calculator. It says, "In your city, water currently boils at: 202.96 degrees F.

5,003 feet of elevation here!

What is the current boiling point of water in your city?

Last edited:
I'm currently at 211.93* here in Nor. Cal.

Bogus...there in my homeland Bronco country your at 193.27* that's a big difference!

Water in my city currently boils at 210.37*F. Awesome! I was just wondering that when I was reading the thread on the ET73's. Thanks!!

210.38 in beautiful downtown Ostrander, Ohio :)

Must not work in Canada I get an unbeliveable 270.31F so the pressure at 100.1 kPa must be the culprit

Must not work in Canada I get an unbeliveable 270.31F so the pressure at 100.1 kPa must be the culprit
Doesn't work upside down either.. it says boiling point will be 383 F. Not exactly a reliable tool.

What the? :lol:
Managed to get it down to 288 F, which was as low as it would go. I reckon it's something to do with the odd pressure measurement you guys use and the conversion to it from hPa. Not that it matters, 100C is close enough. :)

210.53 here in Marietta, Ga. My ET73 reads 204. Im 6 degrees off. anyone know how to calibrate these things?

Back