The Great Steak Cook-Off

JUST TOSSING THIS BACK UP TO THE TOP, IT’S ON SATERDAY NIGHT.

I watched it. 30 teams all got 150 CAB ribeyes supplied and did their own thing with them. Interesting show, and some really nice grills to look at. Sure was a lot of starter fluid being used. The one guy said they put it on and let the fire burn totally down before they shut the doors, but..? They did show one guy using a weed-burner to start up his charcoal. I guess trying to cook 100 steaks in 30 minutes and get em done right at the right time would be a real challenge.

I guess that's one of the reasons I'll be transplanting to Arkansas in a few years, they have a cook off with all or mostly local folks and still call it the worlds championship. I like their attitude.

I watched it too. The guy that won the overall cracked me up explaining how to tell if a steak is done. You touch your forefinger to your thumb and poke the "pad" under your thumb and that's what a medim rare steak feels like, middle finger is medium, ring finger is medium well and pinky is well done.

I was also cringing at the amount of lighter fluid but they did say they let it burn off so the "vapor" wasn't there. That was a whole bunch of meat though!

Back