want to buy new smoker ?

B

buttsmoker

I want to buy a smoker. How are Bradley's or Bandera Witch one .Help. Thanks:eusa_clap

That's kind of like asking, I want something to get around town. Should I get a bicycle or a 4 wheel drive truck.

Bradley's = set and forget disk burner. Bandera stick burner = tend every hour or so depending how well you get it dialed in.

Yo...I dunno how sever you wanna invest... but me and the cold NW brothers have been using the very affordable Chargrillers (pro model with added side fire box) with great success and low budget.
The Bradley sounds like it's great for salmon tho!

Ask anyone who has used a chargriller...best bang for the buck. Ive had mine for 8 years now and haven't replaced one thing on it. Just keep it covered and perform the annual cleaning as I do....super easy.

I have the chargriller duo with side firbox, half propane half charcoal. It is great and is an affordable investment. But i would love to have a Bandera, if you could find one and make all the mods you cant much beat it. I have been looking for one myself for quite sometime.

Goodluck

If you're just doing backyard Q and the Bradley is big enough, and you think you may want to be able to do other things while the food is cooking, then get the Bradley.

My dad has one, and I may get one myself. Pretty dang nice little cooker and it puts out great tasting food.

Bandera is a great smoker, but it's not low maintenance.

If this is your first one, for the money you can't go wrong with the WSM. It's incredibly easy, can cook enough for a large party, or just something for dinner. It runs easily on charcoal, which is easier to get than the biscuits, and can go long periods without tending.

It's really the easiest thing in the world to use. If you want to spend more money than that, then the Egg lines are also amazing. When you start moving up and want loads of cookspace then you start getting into Spicewines, Stumps, Backwoods, etc.

the bandera can be a good little cooker, but you need to be aware that it is quite high maintenance. The metal is thin, and it will use a lot of fuel and you will be fighting the temps a bit (I learned on one after I used a cheap NB offset years ago). If you have a couple hundred to spend, get a WSM - there is no smoker better for the money imo. If your budget is a bit more, look at a ceramic cooker (they are not very portable though..you can transport them, but moving a couple hundred pounds is not the easiest).

The Bradley uses "proprietary" fuel.
Take a look at the fuel costs before you buy one--for sure :oops:

WSM is the way to go for low cost, dependable, and low maintenance smoking--IMHO.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

TIM

Back