Fire on Ice

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Whats the scoop on the infamous "Fire on Ice" contest?
Private gathering? I thought I read something about getting certified.
Do you use judges?
Any info?
ModelMaker

get a hold of "Turk" on the bbq forum site... He's the organizer.

I know they had a lot of fun with it last year. if I can fit it into my schedule, I plan on heading up...

Scottie

Last year it was not a invite only. Anyone could come. They try to get as many certified judges as they can. I would recommend this one if you want to try something a little different. It was a great time.

Heard it was a great time also. Going to try to check it out this year.

Please keep us updated on this. I may be able to attend if things work out.

I emailed a guy named Turk at the BBQ News forum about this and never heard anything back from him. He was out of Florida so maybe wasn't the right Turk.
Any more thoughts?
ModelMaker

Its non KCBS and the catagories are chicken, pork ribs, pork sausage and pork loin (no tenderloin). No garnish and all meats may be prepped and seasoned in advance.

Not the right Turk - the one you want is Jeff Turcotte out of Minnesota. He is part of the Bavarian BBQ Boys - if you can't locate him - let me know - I have his email address. I already pinged him up on this and I understand it will be the weekend of Feb. 29. It was a great time, hopefully we can avoid the blizzard this time around!

I certainly love the idea of BBQ contest on a frozen lake...it sounds neat enough...

but then again it is upper 70's right now in Atlanta and some nice winter weather sounds like a good idea...

Thanks for hunting this down for all of us ModelMaker. It is about 8 hours away but we just might go up, who knows what the cold weather round here will make us do.

A bunch of BBQ guys, close together, on a frozen lake? That's bold!:eek::cool:

I used to do a picinic every year the first Sunday after the new year with a group of families, started out with three or four families and by the time I stopped going there had to be well over 20 families spending hours on end having a picinic on a frozen lake. This was born out of the fact the the original three families could not get together for a picinic during the summer so the next best thing was winter.

I think this looks kind of exciting.

And Jorge can your avatar become anymore disturbing?

Back