Sat night cook

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I fired up the egg, injected a 7.5lb pork butt and rubbed it with some Butt Rub. Threw it on the grate at 10pm. Just woke up and the egg is still humming along at about 250. Meat is 181 internal. It's just too easy.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_5485.JPG
    IMG_5485.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 172
Just another plus for the egg.

How do you like the Butt Rub? I see it for sale at a few places, and have tried it straight from the shaker, but not on any food.

Just another plus for the egg.

How do you like the Butt Rub? I see it for sale at a few places, and have tried it straight from the shaker, but not on any food.

And a good one...he had me at" still humming along at about 250" :biggrin:

At 11:00 I shut down the vents on the egg. Internal was 185 for the butt. We went to the pumpkin patch and I pulled it off the grates at 2:30. Internal temp was 178. Just in time for the Cowboy game.
Here's the results!

Attachments

• IMG_5496.JPG
    IMG_5496.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5497.JPG
    IMG_5497.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5498.JPG
    IMG_5498.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 139
did you sauce? what did you use?

No sauce. Just Chris Lilly's injection and Bad Byron'r Butt Rub. And just for Chicago Bill, plain yellow mustard slather to help hold the rub on!:cool:

Used a mix of hickory and cherry chunks for smoke.

Looks great........I have problems with pulled pork drying out.....do you have similar problems or do you have a fix for that?

Looks great, as for drying i use apple juice and try to limit air exposure on mine

nice! and you had lump left over for the next cook, i bet.

you won't dry out a butt in an egg, unless you try to

since I still had plenty of fuel, I threw on a couple of fatties about 4pm. If your keeping count, the egg has been burning right about 20 hrs on this load of lump.

I'm still working to clear the older stock out of the freezer. Clearing it out enough to defrost. Then I can stock it again.

23 hours later, and I shut down the egg. Temp was 260. Not bad for a single load of fuel. I'll check tomorrow to see how much lump is left.

Did a maple and a hot fatty. Last minute I grabbed one of my boy's cheese sticks and inserted in the hot fatty.

Attachments

• IMG_5505.JPG
    IMG_5505.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5513.JPG
    IMG_5513.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 108
That looks very good, I can eat PP every week!

Too bad the Cowboys lost! (I've been a fan, for over 35 yrs.!)

Here's how much fuel was left in the firebox. At least a good 8 hours worth.

Attachments

• IMG_5514.JPG
    IMG_5514.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for that last picture, Thillin. It is the perfect example of the efficiency of the egg, and how the lump can be reused over and over again. My boss is looking for a new grill/smoker, but didn't understand how or why we could reuse our lump so much. I sent the pic to him to explain it. :cool:

Back