How would you present this

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I found out in the dessert category I cant turn in a whole cake as is, it must be presented to judges as servings. its such a beautiful presentation as a whole I am looking for help.

my other thought is to make in small ramekins instead of a bundt pan so each can get their own.

here are pics. thanks for the advice

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31970

I think individual servings might be the way to go, but we have turned in a whole pie before you just have to cut it before you turn it in.

What are the limitations for the presentation? Do you have to use a standard turn-in container or is it open?

If it's open, here's a suggestion... A local team did this at a comp last year with a pie and they took home first prize. The pie was great, but the presentation was also amazing. They had a large tray (theirs was a metal tray that was designed to hold a large platter in the middle and six smaller plates or bowls around it (like for veggies and dip, for example). They had a whole pie in the middle and then six individual slices around it. that way they had the impact of the whole pie as well as the required individual servings.

Of course this requires that you make two cakes and find a suitable platter for it, but theirs looked killer. For the individual servings they were on separate plates that fit onto the main serving thingy and they used caramel and chocolate syrups to create a nice pattern on the plate and then put the slice of pie on top of that.

Back