Meet, Grillzilla.

BobBrisket

Reaction score
I did a bit more work on it today, but those pics will hafta wait. Brisket Jr.'s B-Day party is on Saturday. Tacos al Pastor and chicken on the menu along with the typical sides: charro beans (me), pasta salad (wifey), Spanish rice (Mom), Guacamole (MIL), salsas (me), fruit salad (SIL). Cold drinks, pinata, jumping balloon............check. Son wanted a Monster Truck theme. His Maximum Destruction pinata came out pretty bad arse. Pics later. Anyhow. I decided I needed a LARGE grill so that I could grill up all the pork steaks. Chicken will either go in the UDS or grill. Haven't decided yet. I needed to take on a welding project this summer, so Grillzilla was born. I still have LOTS of fab work to do, but got it done enough so I can use it on Saturday. Put a coat of high temp on most of it tonight, so it looks a lot different than it does in these pics. More pics to follow later on!
Bob

Attachments

• grillzilla 001.JPG
    grillzilla 001.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 940
  • grillzilla 002.JPG
    grillzilla 002.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 920
  • grillzilla 003.JPG
    grillzilla 003.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 916
  • grillzilla 004.JPG
    grillzilla 004.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 915
Here's a late night pic. Paint is curing. Bottom half will get paint later. SS baskets underneath for coal storage. Meat grates almost done! I'm freakin tired!!!!

Attachments

• grillzilla 002.JPG
    grillzilla 002.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 898
nice. what does that work out to, 1500 sq in or so?

did u consider making it so u could open one lid at a time?

...now back to looking for 3 drums :)

"Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun
Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run
Zing boom tararrel, ring out a song of good cheer
Now's the time to roll the barrel, for the gang's all here"

That is drum greatness! Love the use of the drums and the painless stainless. The build pics are inspirational, thanks for sharing! I would love to build something like that for our camp's picnic area. We do a ton of burgers and dawgs and that beast could get-r-done for sure!

Can't wait to see it in action!

Looks pretty cool. Maybe I missed it but does it have an exhaust and intakes or is it just meant to grill open?

Thanks everyone! You can kinda see the intakes in the painted pic. I just used some regular home A/C vents. The exhaust vents will be added later. For now, I'll just keep the lid open and use a two zone fire. If I need to close the lid, I'll just use something to keep the lid cracked open a little. I thought about two separate lids, but it just seemed like one would be less work in the long run since I wouldn't need to work out how to make the supports and separators for two separate barrels. It will be broken in tomorrow and I'm guessing a couple bags of Kingsford should do the trick!

Very nice.

A buddy and I are picking up drums tomorrow to build a similar cooker. We'll have the two connected like you did but then put a third one below that will be the fire box.

Back