**Oyster "Bling" on the Big Green Egg**

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I picked up a couple dozen Quilcene Bay Oysters at a Farmers Market and the guy had a bunch of recipe cards in the bag. I saw this one and it had Brethren written all over it! Oyster Bling!

I shucked a dozen on the half shell and laid them on a bed of rock salt for stability (on my $.99 stainless steel BGE drip pan!)

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Sliced some thick Applewood Smoked pork belly Bacon from Paulies Pig Pit.

IMG_0668.jpg

Topped each Oyster with a dollup of fresh Cocktail sauce, a slice of the bacon and a slice of Champagne Cheddar cheese, and baked indirect on the Big Green Egg at @400* for 18 minutes.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

Melty Porky Cheesey goodness!
IMG_0672.jpg

It said serve them Hot, but these were 2 bite sized Oysters! They were great, but I think the smalls would be the perfect bite size!

IMG_0673.jpg

O M G !!!

I love oysters. Those look soooooooooooo good.
Man....gotta try that.

Those look good, but for something like that, have you ever had or tried Hama Hama Oysters? They are from the same area and are HUGE!!!! I love them.

"(on my $.99 stainless steel BGE drip pan!)"...I caught that! :twisted: I'm a shuck-n-eat kinda guy myself...but I'd hit those! :p Good job brother! :biggrin:

"(on my $.99 stainless steel BGE drip pan!)"...I caught that! :twisted: I'm a shuck-n-eat kinda guy myself...but I'd hit those! :p Good job brother! :biggrin:

I always thought you were "shuck n' jive"!

Back