Injector and Thermometer questions

Panther5150

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
:mrgreen:
Hey guys,
Im in the market for a good injector and a good digital thermometer, preferably a remote one. Any input would be appreciated. Don't want to break the bank though.
Thanks in advance.

Injector

Might take a look at the Spitjack injector. It is well build and does an excellent job. Price is approx. $49.00

I picked this one up last weekend at Bed, Bath & Beyond for 12.99. It's stainless steel with 2 different injector sizes.

IMG_6645.jpg

As far as remote thermometers go...I use the Maverick ET-73.

How much does that Spitjack hold? Looks way better than the Cajun injectors I have been using.

On the advise of JD I went and got the same injector he bought. Works fantastic for a great $$. I think I even paid less. I also run two dual probe Mavericks and a Tel-Tru in the lid of my WSM along with a Tel-Tru meat thermometer as backup.

For the thermo, I use the Maverick et-73 dual probe wireless. Works well just don't leave the probes in water cause you will play hell getting them to dry and function correctly. (dumbarse mod)

For the injector, I bought a spitjack from bruce but I didn't get the delux-industrial-shove-out-entire-cloves-of-garlic-into-new-orfices model. I only got the delux-industrial-shove-out-partial-clove-of-garlic-into-new-orfices and i bought the extra needle from him. I think with shipping it all came to $40. I have actually started a great working relationship with Bruce and plan to drive up to see him in the coming weeks. I'm working on getting him to post some here. He has some really great hog spits all the way down to a lamb spit for the fireplace.

My wife had melted my other junk injector in the dishwasher so I finally figured it was time to get a spitjack only I needed one that day so I ran to china town (ahem walmart) and got a total junker for $3 to get me through till Bruce's came.

Here is a picture of the injector next to the baby it replaced. It feels just so damn awesome I can't wait to use it again! It's solid brass chromed and the needles are surgical stainless.
0106091657.jpg

I picked this one up last weekend at Bed, Bath & Beyond for 12.99. It's stainless steel with 2 different injector sizes.

IMG_6645.jpg

As far as remote thermometers go...I use the Maverick ET-73.

I got the same one. Love it. I've been using one that was all metal and the constant acidity from the apple juice, vinegar and the salt in the injection mix started causing it to flake off.:mad: This one is all plastic except for the o-rings on the plunger so with a little veg oil on the o ring I shouldn't have any flaky problems:cool:

I bought my injector at William's sonoma 24 bucks I think, works great, and they stand by it as long as I have the receipt to it.

maverick 73 for me, accidently left it out in the rain once, in a plastic container, covered in water, took out the batteries, let it sit out to dry for a week, still works great, backed up with 2 thermopens :)

I use those cheapo's. Just make sure you get the ones that have metal on metal screws (similar to the smaller one shown above).

I have used my $2 injector for nearly 5 years.

Back