• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Phubar's Tony Stone Comp Practice

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hey guys...I don't post often in this section of the Phorum but Brethren GTR suggested me to post my latest Q-Talk thread here for more advice.

Our team is more European culinairy based but we also compete in a KCBS sanctioned competition called "Tony Stone's Low 'n Slow".
We had our Phirst and only test session yesterday and the comp is in about 3 weeks.

Results were quite good Phlavourwise and tenderness but maybe we could use some tips and tricks for presentation.
I'm not quite happy with the shape of my thighs yet for example.

We're going to serve everything on a bed of parsley.

Thanks in advance!

Chicken

Brisket

Ribs

Pulled pork

Nice pics Phubar!

The chicken has an excellent color but I think you need to square the ends up on them so they don't have any parts poking out.

The brisket and ribs look delicious but the pork looks dry. Maybe give them a light layer of sauce.

Is it common for BBQ places around you that people don't use sauce on their pork? Whatever is common in your area do it that way just a little better.

Good luck!

Yes the chicken needs to be more even in shapes, like cutting the ends square, the brisket looks good, if you can square off the right side like the left, I like the rib and pork color. Ribs need a cleaner cut and add more pork to the box.

Nice pics Phubar!

The chicken has an excellent color but I think you need to square the ends up on them so they don't have any parts poking out.

The brisket and ribs look delicious but the pork looks dry. Maybe give them a light layer of sauce.

Is it common for BBQ places around you that people don't use sauce on their pork? Whatever is common in your area do it that way just a little better.

Good luck!

We don't have BBQ places.:wink:
There are Americans coming over as head judges...Jim Johnson and Wayne Lohman are the names I can remember.
So...it has to be as American as possible.

Thanks for the help you guys...I appreciate it!

kcbsjudging-4-500x333.jpg

kcbs-wayne-1-333x500.jpg

On the brisket I don't so much mind the right side sloping down as much as the fat on the bottom of the first slice I would have trimmed off.

Back