MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #61
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked UP BBQ View Post
All I was able to observe was the team list and thats what I based my observation on. your comp did a lot of great things good for you. I am not looking for an argument, I have plenty of people in my life to do that with. I actually think its a cool event, just observed, I will state it again, observed a lot of good teams not on the list. I dont know the logistics or the layout so I have no idea how you picked you teams and once again, dont really care, just an observation... 8 comps all while vending too! hahaha actually 3 rgc's, bbq brethren event in PA!
Hey I left off some good teams. Hard not to...move on.

Keep it up vending and cooking good ...those two arent usually mutually exclusive.
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #62
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
Hey I left off some good teams. Hard not to...move on.

Keep it up vending and cooking good ...those two arent usually mutually exclusive.
I will move on, but to say that vending and competing are not mutually exclusive is a crazy thought. I put out food for thousands as I throw my comp meat in a box, I stay up all night after serving 2000 people, and start serving 2000 more at 11am, when people are "locking people" out of their sites I am opening mine to the public right where I am also doing my comp boxes. So when you are taking off your two pork butts, I am taking off 100. But believe me I am not complaining, I love it. It makes the cook a lot more challenging!

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #63
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked UP BBQ View Post
I will move on, but to say that vending and competing are not mutually exclusive is a crazy thought. I put out food for thousands as I throw my comp meat in a box, I stay up all night after serving 2000 people, and start serving 2000 more at 11am, when people are "locking people" out of their sites I am opening mine to the public right where I am also doing my comp boxes. So when you are taking off your two pork butts, I am taking off 100. But believe me I am not complaining, I love it. It makes the cook a lot more challenging!
I remember back in May when Don Chomas had to go find you at Naptown because you were so slammed with vending you didn't even have time to pick up that massive RGC cup at awards. That was quite a feat!

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #64
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

You did it in Seaside, Matt. I have a hard enough time drinking and turning in....

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #65
Cue's Your Daddy
is one Smokin' Farker

And Matt also has to monitor sledneck most of the time. A feat in its own.
KCBS Certified Judge
Custom built Smoker
Big Green Egg/2 WSM/4 Webber Kettles
Webber Gasser
Cue's Your Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #66
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

WOW I was complimenting you in that most people cant cook for thousands and also win a GC and 2 or 3 RGC's Very impressive. I said that comp and vending arent mutually exclusive because its hard...Do me a favor...this is getting out of control....I cant even compliment you without an argument.

Anybody want to talk about the topic that started the thread?
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #67
Meat Man
Full Fledged Farker

When we first started cooking there were two events that we dreamed of competing at. The Jack and the American Royal. Now there is three, add the King of the Smokers to the list.
Meat Man is offline   Reply With Quote